loosing tranny oil

NameLess

Sep 24, 2011
Portage Pa
ok i have been losing tranny oil a bit and i called the loacal shop and they said that it is the right crank seal and that most likely that the crank barrings going 2 so i figured i would ask u guys if theirs right or wrong

They are MOST LIKELY right.

Contact the member on here "Slcikerthanyou". He builds leakdown testers (and for a good price too!) that will allow you to pressurize your engine to a given pressure and then hunt for the leak to determine EXACTLY where your engine is leaking.

It's possible that your engine had a broken piston at one point that cracked the crankcase between the crankshaft and balancer gear. There is a factory "thin spot" right there in the cases to allow the balancer shaft to spin and if that engine ate a piston.... it usually finds its way to that thin spot. I've repaired several in that condition....

well i think the drain plug might need a o ring or what ever it has because it had oil it it befor and it was a little 2 full so i drained it a bit and then thats when the loose of tranny oil started

well i think the drain plug might need a o ring or what ever it has because it had oil it it befor and it was a little 2 full so i drained it a bit and then thats when the loose of tranny oil started

Well if your drain plug is leaking, why would you call a motorcycle shop and ask them about why it would be losing oil?

If the drain plug copper gasket is fugged up, of COURSE it's leaking oil there.

I recommend a nylon drain gasket. Auto parts stores carry them. Dorman part number 097-010 is what I replace ALL of my drain plug gaskets with. They won't strip the threads, are cheap, and seal even if there's a little particle of sand or something under them.

Why do you keep posting about the same stuff? Then when your offered help no response even for free use of a tester? These two threads below are all about this same thing. you may have two issues if you blowing bunch of smoke out the pipe. If you gonna ask questions and want answers form us who have been down that road before so you can fix your blaster then take our advice and do what we tell ya, it will keep your quad running better and last longer!
So now you found out you have a leaking drain plug, you were given an easy solution
(this is from Sicivcdude) I recommend a nylon drain gasket. Auto parts stores carry them. Dorman part number 097-010 is what I replace ALL of my drain plug gaskets with. They won't strip the threads, are cheap, and seal even if there's a little particle of sand or something under them.
but then go a different route as if we are just feeding you bullshit. Come on, we are here to help you and can fix any problem that comes up, hell even offer some free parts at times to help out a fellow brother, but if your just gonna keep blowing our advice off don't ask anymore!

http://www.blasterforum.com/general-support-17/white-smoke-43649/

http://www.blasterforum.com/general-support-17/puting-crank-seal-43688/

i was but i gota get a rear rim befor i can do some serious riding beause both my back tires wabble the one wabbles like heck but i kow its thr im their both bent

i fixed it its not white smoke its blue and i fixed it so its fixed

So did you leakdown test it to confirm you do NOT have an airleak? Just because the smoke turned from white to blue doesn't mean you don't have a potentially engine damaging air leak.

Plus, with a leaking drain bolt it's completely possible that you finally leaked down enough transmission fluid that the clutch side seal is no longer pulling in transmission oil. As soon as you fix the drip and fill it back up, the white smoke may start back.

A leakdown test is the ONLY WAY to positively confirm you do or do not have an airleak!

just chill nameless, they're calling for rain multiple days this week and i will be out to your house and help straighten things out, with my leakdown tester, don't ride it anymore till i get there
i promise, i'll make it sometime this week, last week was a hectic one, but i got you !!!!

So did you leakdown test it to confirm you do NOT have an airleak? Just because the smoke turned from white to blue doesn't mean you don't have a potentially engine damaging air leak.

Plus, with a leaking drain bolt it's completely possible that you finally leaked down enough transmission fluid that the clutch side seal is no longer pulling in transmission oil. As soon as you fix the drip and fill it back up, the white smoke may start back.

A leakdown test is the ONLY WAY to positively confirm you do or do not have an airleak!

it was blue at the first part anyway it was just light blue