Liquid cooled head

*Quad*King*1986

Oct 23, 2011
Bucks county, PA
I came across a liquid cooled head for Blaster's, it replaces the factory head & just bolts on like usual (no mods needed), the intercooler mounts in the front from your A-arm bolts and you (splice) wire it into your headlight wires... Now my question is, will it be worth doing all that? Does it keep the entire motor cool or only your head? I know that keeping heat to a minimal in air cooled motors can improve HP/performance. Oh and you can get interchangeable domes from I believe it said 18-27cc. But anyways what do you think? The asking price is $250 & I believe it comes with the radiator but I'm not 100% sure on that. Seems like a "COOL" mod to me though! (get it..."cool" lmao) wow I'm a geek haha

yA Look, it has its merits, but it will focus its cooling on the head, which is good but it still means the cylinder is aircooled, I dont know we are still waiting for someone to drop the coin on this mod and give us a detailed report with a IR heat gun etc.

Here we go for now, the concept is not new.

SCAN0105.jpg

SCAN0106.jpg

SCAN0107.jpg

SCAN0108.jpg

SCAN0109.jpg

SCAN0110.jpg

This dead horse gets dug up and beat some more every once in a while. Have yet to see anyone plunk the coin for it, or even "I once knew a guy"..................
Considering it's been around for a while you'd think SOMEONE would have something to say about it.

From my understanding it cools the the head, but not the cylinder. So it really doesn't help much. Not to mention the extra weight of the radiator and extra hassle. The way I see it, it's just another thing to worry about maintaining or not working properly.

But by all means, give it a shot and let us know for sure how it does!

I've used them on air cooled motors we set up for racing and they did cool a little better but not worth the weight. Then we moved up to using liquid cooled motors and then got away from using two strokes in mini sprints all together.

Here is the last version of our two stroke mini sprint.

381608_136425869801868_100003033674595_167921_437089684_n.jpg

And here is a two stroke we wrench on now.

339599_137747739669681_100003033674595_170861_186922760_o.jpg

im thinking of buying one soon as i get 80bucks for just the head and im not worried abbout weight because i manily trail ride mine and iv alerady got the pump to use and i probably can buy the radiator off a guy i know that came off a yfz 450

I feel it's just a way to pull some cash out of some poor suckers wallet. If your motor is in good working order and jetted correctly ,you shouldn't have any heat problems. I'm not saying it won't make some improvement but I feel not a big a nuff improvement to be worth the money.

I also was gonna do it , but never bit the bullet . The blaster I think is better served by a good set of air scoops directing as much air as possible over the cylinder and head . Now if you do a lot of dune riding ( like me ) and you spend a lot of time in deep soft sand and you arent getting a lot of air flow over the motor , I think the water cooled head would be very useful . I have a banshee now anyways so its not really a problem for me anymore . I never had a problem with my blaster in the sand trails either , so I guess its just more mystery for the meat .

I also was gonna do it , but never bit the bullet . The blaster I think is better served by a good set of air scoops directing as much air as possible over the cylinder and head . Now if you do a lot of dune riding ( like me ) and you spend a lot of time in deep soft sand and you arent getting a lot of air flow over the motor , I think the water cooled head would be very useful . I have a banshee now anyways so its not really a problem for me anymore . I never had a problem with my blaster in the sand trails either , so I guess its just more mystery for the meat .

You still need air flow to cool the radiator.

This dead horse gets dug up and beat some more every once in a while. Have yet to see anyone plunk the coin for it, or even "I once knew a guy"..................
Considering it's been around for a while you'd think SOMEONE would have something to say about it.

Haha sorry! I thought I discovered something new & great... Little did I know this has been debated over for a long time

From my understanding it cools the the head, but not the cylinder. So it really doesn't help much. Not to mention the extra weight of the radiator and extra hassle. The way I see it, it's just another thing to worry about maintaining or not working properly.

But by all means, give it a shot and let us know for sure how it does!

I pretty much just trail ride so like someone else said I don't mind the added weight either, and hey if it fails for some reason OH WELL it's air cooled anyways right? Haha I know it prob wouldn't air cool to well since the liquid cooled head doesn't have the fins like an oem Yama, but you could just unbolt it & be riding again in no time

I feel it's just a way to pull some cash out of some poor suckers wallet. If your motor is in good working order and jetted correctly ,you shouldn't have any heat problems. I'm not saying it won't make some improvement but I feel not a big a nuff improvement to be worth the money.

Ya I get what your saying, I think it would be pretty neat to have if it actually works well since it seems nobody on here has one. To some people just having a unique mod is well worth the money & it prob helps a good amount (at least I would imagine it would ;) I'm not saying I am gonna get it but I certainly would like to try it out

Haha sorry! I thought I discovered something new & great... Little did I know this has been debated over for a long time

Don't be sorry, wasn't ment as a slam. It's a good topic to discuss so everyone can make an informed decission. To bad someone didn't develope a 250 watercooled "kit" 20 yrs ago X( The real advantage to watercooling comes from the cylinder as it's more consistant temp allows for tighter tolerance between piston/cylinder I:I

I'd think if they were a real advantage it would be as popular as a stroker or 240 kit

I was going to try it as well but got a BANSHEE instead.

The g/f will ride the blaster now so i doubt it gets done unless i got it for next to nothing.

I say go for it!It has to have some added benefits in cooling but because of it being far and few with the blaster owners you ownt find much info.

The domes are a definate benefit allowing you to custom tailor your compression to your needs.

Go for it bro if youre happy with your blaster and plan to keep it id do it.

I got bored with my blaster im 6'3 235lbs and even with a 240BBK it just wasnt enough.