LED tail light

DWall11

Aug 5, 2014
Hey everyone, so I have an 01 Blaster and I'm currently looking to put an LED tail light on. And so the only 28 LED lights I see have a brown, yellow, and green wire but if I'm not mistaken the Blaster only has black and blue for the tail light...how do I find the LED light that I want and what all would I need to do to get it to run?

That tail light will work just fine, the third wire (brown wire) is just for the brake light sensors that the 03-06 blasters have. So on your bike just connect your black wire to the green(ground), and your blue wire to the yellow

Some LED assemblies come with built in rectifier.

LED s will work on AC but the output is slightly dimmer and may flicker at low revs.

There is a possibility that a LED will fail if the reverse voltage is exceeded.

That tail light will work just fine, the third wire (brown wire) is just for the brake light sensors that the 03-06 blasters have. So on your bike just connect your black wire to the green(ground), and your blue wire to the yellow

I have an '05 blaster and I'm also putting a new tail light on.... although the original one only has 1 bulb, my new one has 2.... how do I know where to connect what? the new fitting basically has one place to put a wire in the middle (which I presume goes to the bottom part of the bulb), and one wire to each side of the bulb.... the colours on my blaster are yellow black and blue?