LED Tail light

oldskooolracer

Feb 16, 2008
sorry this isn't in more detail but it turned out really good so i figure i'd share.

i happen to be the parts manager at a car dealership so i i had this from a broken spoiler from our next door body shop. this one is off of a subaru.

i wasn't sure how much power it would draw so i hooked it up to a 9v battery
to see how long and how bright it would be.

that light was on for over a day and was still decently bright

1235887746.jpg

i went to the hardware store and got a piece of aluminum flat stock.
nothing crazy just something i would be able to bend at home using the end of a bench and a pair of pliers.

1235887009.jpg

to keep it as simple as possible as possible i bent the piece to bolt into existing holes and not hang down that far.

1235887109.jpg

the nice thing about this light is it already is sealed from the weather.

The best part about it is that it's so much brighter then the stock lamp
and also draws less power.

We are taking a trip to the sand dunes and i love night riding but it can be really dangerous if someone cannot see you.

1235887330.jpg

can you post a pic of it with the light on??.. are you running a battery on it??.. would the stock stator run one?? im running a single 55 watt hid style driving light on the front of my blaster now, and a blue 194 bulb on the back.. need something brighter though

YEAH, i will get the pic but alot of these might use less power then a regular bulb.

i will try and get a pic tonight.

i want to switch up my front light to something else i even tried last year but i didn't like the way it shined out i'm trying out a couple of fog lights.

possibly even a different bulb into a stock housing.

i tried putting a suzuki streetbike bulb in my stock housing and it didnt work lol just lit up really dim lol

wow thats freaking bright!!!! wont get rear ended with that bad boy on there.. reason i ask on the power is i tryed the led driving lights on my 200x and smoked the led's in about 4 seconds!!! been kinda leary of led's on a atv since.
ialso need to change to two fog set up, or stock banshee or warrior lights.. my one is decent but would like alittle more light output

wow thats freaking bright!!!! wont get rear ended with that bad boy on there.. reason i ask on the power is i tryed the led driving lights on my 200x and smoked the led's in about 4 seconds!!! been kinda leary of led's on a atv since.
ialso need to change to two fog set up, or stock banshee or warrior lights.. my one is decent but would like alittle more light output

that's one nice thing about this tail light being already on a 12v source

i was looking at the ones at oreileys i just dont see them being as bright as i want.

i havent seen them in action so i'm undecided.

i want function not just looks one the tail light all i care about is being seen

that's one nice thing about this tail light being already on a 12v source

i was looking at the ones at oreileys i just dont see them being as bright as i want.

i havent seen them in action so i'm undecided.

i want function not just looks one the tail light all i care about is being seen

pretty much.. all i really care about is that i can be seen and i can see where im going...