kx 125 in the blaster frame?

Antec1200X

Nov 11, 2010
Fort Nelson B.C
just wondering if i should atempt stuffing my kx125 motor in the blaster frame.i have acess to a good welder and dont really have to work on the week ends.the kx motor is bored 1.00mm over and is port and polished.so when the power band kicks in hang on.

That motor was designed for constant use of its powerband, blaster chassis more than likely would be too heavy for it!

the kx weighs in at 212 pounds wet and the blaster is 324 pounds dry.
so @ 212 pounds + me(180) and my gf (100) = 492 and still rips vs the blaster 324+180+100 = 604 is fast but the kx rips by it with ease.but if i were to change motors that means id have to hack the blasters swing arm then theres no turning back which sux

I owned a kx125, i loved it, fast as hell. Problem though compared to the kx250, you had to stay in the power to get moving. Id give it a shot. Should be fun if it works out!

I have a 1992 KX125 worked to the nuts, agree, fun, FAST, agile/light and snappy bikes.
And my bike RIPS, I am 6' 1", 200lbs, etc...
As far as running it in a quad, its hit or miss. Hell, people have put highly worked 80/85cc motors in blasters, but these are usually for the youth classes, etc, much less weight and what not. (90lb riders, 19-18" tires, etc)

I would say no, just doesn't have the low end torque to not be BEATING it just to keep it moving. Now, a KX250, or any MX 250 at that, big difference.

Just my $.02...

Last edited:
sh*t u got nothin to lose bud, go for it see what happens, u never know u might be surprised..and if it doesnt work then oh well, frames u can get cheap. swingarms cheap, but not knowing "what if" is a real kick in the ass...