KTM chassis/Blaster engine - BUILD!!

you can leave the motor in i did when i welded the mounts for my hybrid and mine still has spark... good luck man with trying to find a gas tank and seat

Oh yea the oko - are they junk? It's looking like I might as well just get another carb rather than doing the tors eliminator.

some people on the site have them. a new carb is the best bet plus a hp increase. I:I most 85cc 2 smoke dirtbikes have 28mm carbs too.

CR 80 carbs fit in the stock boots of the blaster that would be the route i would go for..

he said the jug was to big and the gas tank hit it

CR 80 carbs fit in the stock boots of the blaster that would be the route i would go for..

he said the jug was to big and the gas tank hit it

i know the cr80 carb works too. its a tight squeeze too! ;) if you know what i mean. lol

sorry, i miss the part about the tank hitting the head.

I have an XR that I took the tank off of just to see how it fit. It could be made to work but I think down the road I'm going to want this thing to be blue with a wr headlight so a ttr tank is kinda what I'm leaning towards.

This pipe thing is worryin me now! It may come down to gettin an old factory blaster pipe n cuttin n tweakin on it. All of the blaster pipes go up over the motor in the front or atleast get into gas tank area on the side. I think I'll give the pipe that I have a try and then go from there.

Welcome to the site. I've been following your thread on Thumpertalk. I run a 34mm Keihin PJ on my almost-stock Blaster. Works well. They can be had cheap. The one I have is from a TRX 250R.

Welcome to the site. I've been following your thread on Thumpertalk. I run a 34mm Keihin PJ on my almost-stock Blaster. Works well. They can be had cheap. The one I have is from a TRX 250R.

Thanks doc! I got things worked out a little better today - the engine is sitting center and straight now. Going to cut the brackets tomorrow hopefully and tack them into place. Then I can get everything else figured out before welding everything solid. I found a guy thats parting out a yz80 on craigslist. Just thought I'd see if that carb would work on this boot or maybe someone here already knows?

Thanks again everyone

Just thought I'd give a little update. Got the motor mounts made and tacked them in place tonite. I think (against better judgement of you guys) I'm going to get the twist throttle kit and tors eliminator because the carb fits perfect and the cable length is spot on as well. I'm doing a week long snowmobiling trip though so this thing will be on the back burner for a little while.

that's gonna be a sick build when it's all done, sweet idea, have you decided what gearing your gonna use?

Don't even have any clue! Haha just going to try what's there and go from there. Haven't even counted teeth on the countershaft sprocket but I think the rear sprocket is a 52. I'm guessing it's going to be wayyyyy too low of gearing but we will c!

And yea a thumb throttle on a dirt bike just isn't natural just like twist on a quad aint natural. "It's like puttin an elevator in an outhouse - it just don't belong"

And yea a thumb throttle on a dirt bike just isn't natural just like twist on a quad aint natural. "It's like puttin an elevator in an outhouse - it just don't belong"
I agree!! Its just dumb!! Twist throttles are fluid on a bike, they just feel right. Once you get all the tors bs off the stock carb it should work just fine I don't see anything wrong with using it. Just make sure you plug or cap the brass nipple on the right side that was used for the oil injection, if you don't it will suck in air.

Ok - sleddin is over now back to the project. The easiest way to get a tank/seat combo to work is obviously the factory setup. I was just looking at it and wondering how big of a deal would it be to cut away like an inch of cooling fins?? Left side of the jug needs to be about 1 - 1.5 inches narrower and the stock tank will fit on. Anyone have any experience with this??

I think I would really try to keep the fins as they are. They are vital for cooling on an air cooled rig. IIRC that's one (of the many)problems the old
YZ490's had was not enough fin area, so they ran hot.
Also, I just ordered a twist throttle for my Blaster. I had one on my old Quadracer, loved it. Hate thumb throttles. It's not unnatural, its just a preference.
I ordered a twist throttle kit for a TRX 250R since I have a Keihin PJ carb off a TRX.

I say cut the fins.
You will be getting alot more air in that open dirtbike frame then the quad frame anyway.
Hey if it don't work just buy another head off Ebay.