Knocking noise!?!?!

atxjoker

Aug 1, 2011
South Texas
I need help ASAP!!! I had a realy bad knocking noise on my blaster about a week ago so I took it in to the shop and had the top end checked and rebuilt... So I get it back and the bike is running perfect for one day but it starts the knocking noise once again? It's so bad the bike won't even run or rev up at all kuz it will go "tahhh tahhhh tahhh tahhh"! I need help not sure what it could be... :/

was it leakdown tested before the heat cycles and proper break-in ????

whats the compression after heat cycles and now ????

in other words.........those are your responsibility, not the shops, unless that was predetermined that the shop would take out the motor, rebuild, re-install, leak test it, break-in and tune the carb

has any of that been done ????

I find it hard to swallow that a proper break in could have been done in just one day, that's pushing the envelope just a little.

Idk im not saying I flored it or anything I was not even eve at half throttle, I'm guessing that the bike may not be getting oil?

you could just pull the head off and have a look at the cylinder, do you have the injector pump still hooked up or do you mix your gas

you have to have the answers to what i asked,
if it's not airtight.....boom
if it's jetted lean......boom
if it wasnt broken in right, w/ heat cycles.....boom
if the head and base bolts weren't retorqued after break-in....boom

everybody and there brother blames the oil injection when things go boom,
it has never been proven to me that they fail, not one solid evidence, or pic of a broken drive gear,
did you prime the oil lines and pump, to be sure it was pumping oil before firing it up

not tryin to be a hard ass, but when it started knocking before the re-build was the time to come here for good advice
can you get us a vid with sound so we can better analyze this taaahhhh, taaahhh, taaaah sound ?????

Ok well the resson I blamed it is becouse it had an oil line that wasnt connected that connected the case on the engine to the carb so I'm guessing that's it... But it's still makin the noise? And not running btw the line was a really thin line...

link to vid doesnt work, try again, copy the address in the address bar and post it here, it'll show on here

and yes, an oil line diconnected would cause a "no oil situation", how long did you run it like that ????
did the shop leave the line off, and did they install everything and hand you a running blaster, if so, they are responsible for the fuk up

after getting it fixed, if it needs it, disconnect all that oil injection sh*t, and mix your fuel 32:1 with a good factory or aftermarket oil, no chainsaw sh*t in the little 4 oz. cans from the local convenience store

Looks to me its getting plenty oil.i seen u trying to give it gas and real boggy i would brng back to shop if u dont know how to fix it.but could be a boken skirt on piston slapping around in there never know

Very hard to diagnose the knock but as I hear it from my laptop speaker it could be a head gasket. Was the motor hot or cold when you took the video. Was the bog at the end due to no choke on a cold motor.
Have you done some heat cycles and re tightened the head and jug.

The motor was normal temp with the temp outside being about 95 degrees the bog just happened due to the knocking I guess I just give it some gas and it wants to die out but won't then it gives that bogging noise... Lastly I don't open my engine myself due to a lack of parts and expertise and I font know what heat cycles are?

sounds like very bad piston slap, or busted piston skirt
maybe it really did need a new piston and rings but they opted to cheap out and just re-ring it ???

take it back to them and ask for an explaination of why they chose to just re-ring it, and also what the piston to cylinder clearence was

only other way is to pull the pipe and carb to have a look at the piston skirts, look for broken/missing pieces on the exhaust side, and deep scratching on either side, then pull the top end off to inspect it

Thats what i was thinking maybe a intake side skirt.hopefully cylinders ok and didnt blow a hole threw bottom of caseing.happend to a few peoples blasters i know of.

ok this may sound crazy but i had the same problem a long while back and after i took my top end apart multiple times and found nothing wrong i started getting pist cuz something was wrong and i couldnt find it so i changed out the stator and what do you know it started and ran fine but like i said mine sounded just like that and would not rev at all so just give it a try if it works you will be happy

Could be a spun fly wheel key throwing timeing off too idk but if that noisey to u i would be tearing topend off given it a peak inside.i would like to know what u find is causeing it

Ok well a wile back I was riding and the nuts on my pipe fell off so the pipe was hanging loose for anfew seconds till I shut the bike off and replace the nuts... Could that have caused a broken exhaust skirt? And what would be the cost to replace this? And if not I'll try the stator...