kickstart help!!

May 14, 2007
Westtown, NY
hey all i put my motor back together on my blaster everything was good piston rings jug the whole nine, flywheels on and then i go to put my kickstart mech back in and try to get it to kick over but it wont budge, like something behind my clutch basket is jammed??
is that possible never had it happen before and everything else is good what would make it not be able to free spin. was getting real mad!! lol cuz once this thing is up and running its going up for sale got a pit bike and having a blast on that

weif its binding with the clutch basket, look and see take the side cover off and see if you left out the spacr washer that goes on before that, no the thin oen a thicker one. it keeps it from rubbing against the balancer gear.

Did you put the hear on right, that the kick starter engages on to ? Pictures are needs to better help you.

You also might not have put the kick starter on right.

Sporty

An assembly trick I realised many years ago is that if you tighten anything, make sure as you tighten that things still spin.

It saves a lot of looking back to where the culprit could be.

the problem is i bought the bottom end off someone cuz my original got a hole in the case...... so idk if they put the basket on right but looks like ill have to disassemble some things AND check it out... i have the clutch cover off and all the plates out so im trying to see whats binding