kick starter stuck

New24wheelin

Jun 16, 2009
I just bought a 01 blaster for 400 bucks something to work on the guy i bought it from said he cracked the piston and thats why it wont kick but i took the top end off and piston ok but black drained the trans oil and nothing came out i think he ran it dry do you think i can break it lose or have to buy a new bottom end there might be something stuck down in there i dunno any ideas on this subject thanks new2blaster

IF u pulled the head and cylinder off and the pistom skirt isnt missing then ur ok there..next u gonna have to pull clutch cover off..there is a spring on it inside and this wears out as well as nylon bushing on it..there may also be some forigne part stuck under the clutch basket..this happen to me once...a screw came outta the clutch plate...it can also get stuck when something is wedged between the crank and case when piston breaks. will the crank spin freely by hand? if so pull the clutch cover then put kicker back on and see if it turns over..go fromtherr..

I took a second look and the bottom side of the piston is broken i think one of the pieces in down in there how do i get it out and the top end is really scared so going to buy and new one and a new piston but im worried about the bottom where the piston hit its digged up so is it ok to leave that way if i buy the stuff listed?

we tryed to take the bottom end apart and the screws just kept stripping so we looked under the rod and found two washers now it kicks great need a new piston and top end but it should do ok waiting on money to buy the new parts thank for the help

you mean you found 2 washers in the bottom end where the crank is? don't think there is any parts from top end or bottom/crank that takes washers. They must of been in there from previous owner.