kfx 400 front shocks

blaster003

May 13, 2014
will the newer style piggyback shocks fit? i will be getting asr long travel a arms that take a 16.5 length shock which is how long the kfx shocks are but will they fit the mounts?

I just discovered this as well from the works website. I am looking at some asr long travel a arms and they call for a 16.25" shock and I found that the KFX450 actually has a 16.38" shock length and they are compression and rebound adjustable. I'm looking for a cost effective way to get a slight improvement on handling and this setup sounds great but I need to know if the mounts will work.

you can run a 16.5" shock with the asr lt a arms even though they say 16.25 I've seen it done

Yes, I understand that you can run shocks close to the length they suggest. I just decided KFX450 would be good because it is less than a 1/4 inch from their suggestion and they are 3 way adjustable and you can get them under $200. I was just wondering if anyone knows if they will bolt up no problem.

I decided to run +2 armadillo a arms that I found on eBay due to the expense and a new set of stage 2 Elka shocks banshee length

Any update on this Nick? Did you ever buy these?
Still procrastinating lol. I'm getting closer though. I'm still looking at getting some ASR long travels but talked to a guy about the shock set up and found that some 700 Raptor shocks might be a good idea. I am getting a trx450r Works Black Widow rebuilt for the back right now so the back end will be a tiny bit lower and the 700 Raptor shocks up front would drop the front a tiny bit as well with the ASR long travels. He said he could rebuild them for me with revalve and new triple rate springs for my weight and riding and would most likely have to adjust the compression length so I don't run the frame into the ground but I would have to measure the compression length after I got the arms because ASR doesn't know what the compression length is for their long travels. Said he could do all that to a set of 700 Raptor shocks and sell them for $675 GREAT DEAL!

Still procrastinating lol. I'm getting closer though. I'm still looking at getting some ASR long travels but talked to a guy about the shock set up and found that some 700 Raptor shocks might be a good idea. He said he could rebuild them for me with revalve and new springs for my weight and ridding and would most likely have to adjust the compression length so I don't run the frame into the ground but I would have measure the compression length after I got the arms because ASR doesn't know what the compression length is for their long travels.

I might be a guinea pig on this then lol. Just bought the ASR Long Travels.

I might be a guinea pig on this then lol. Just bought the ASR Long Travels.
GREAT! The compression length and eye to eye is ESSENTIAL to finding shocks that work with those arms. They list the eye to eye as 16.25" but don't know the compression length.

You might double check this but I'm pretty sure the compression length is measured by taking all of the shocks off (front and back). Then you put something under the quad in 2 positions (to make sure the quad is level and at the desired length). Put something under the frame by the foot pegs and towards the front of the frame as well and make it 12" off the ground in both locations. Then measure center to center of the shock mounts. Next do the same thing only putting a 2x4 or something under the frame so it only sits 1.5" off the ground and measure the center to center of the shock mounts again. Subtract the measurements and thats your compression length.

If you could do that and report back that would help out so much. If you are interested in the shock setup I was talking about talk to Jogaca. He is the builder that told me all this. He knows his stuff and will explain it all very well to you. If you go with him, tell him that I refered you and maybe he will give me a discount lol

If I'm thinking correctly then your length when its off the ground 12" should be 16.25". If you do this please post what you got for both measurements and for the front and back shocks.

its going to be a little while before I can do any of this. My blaster is stored at my brothers a state away :( But soon as I do it, I will post here!