keihn 35mm airstriker carb help

kyle24

Jan 26, 2011
I have an 06 blaster vitos bigbore kit vitos reed spacer and an fmf gold series pipe i had the stock carb on this set up and it was jetted and it ran good but i put the 35mm on and it will run but it wont idle i have to keep my thumb on the throttle a little bit or it will stall do i need to rejett the carb i have the idle screw turned in as far as it will go it wont idle whether its all the way in or turned out please help

I have an 06 blaster vitos bigbore kit vitos reed spacer and an fmf gold series pipe i had the stock carb on this set up and it was jetted and it ran good but i put the 35mm on and it will run but it wont idle i have to keep my thumb on the throttle a little bit or it will stall do i need to rejett the carb i have the idle screw turned in as far as it will go it wont idle whether its all the way in or turned out please help

What was the history of this carburetor? Was it used prior to installation? If so, I would suspect that the pilot jet or pilot feed holes are clogged not allowing any fuel to flow at low throttle trims (when you have your thumb off the throttle).

If it's new, I would suspect that the pilot jet is grossly under/oversized for the application is either feeding too little or too much fuel.

ya its a brand new carb i noticed while riding it if i put my hand by the intake of the carb i would get fuel on my hand so i was thinking that it may be i need to downsize my jetting or i went with to big of a carb

remember to warm the engine up first and then set the idle before any adjustments are made, I'd also check float level and see what jetting is in it!

oh ya i also dont have the air filter hooked up right now but i didnt see this as a problem becasue my old set up would idle fine without the filter hooked up i never road it this way just saying it might make difference for this carb i dont know

Gotta tune exactly how it will be ran. As to the fuel on your hand, don't know for sure on a reed valve motor so much, but on a piston port motor there is actually a ball of gas fog at the face/mouth of the carb. In other words I wouldn't worry

oh ya i also dont have the air filter hooked up right now but i didnt see this as a problem becasue my old set up would idle fine without the filter hooked up i never road it this way just saying it might make difference for this carb i dont know

agree with larry, if you plan on running it with a filter put it on before you jet!

ok thanks guys for all your help so yu guys think this carb should work i just need to play with it a little to get it tuned in properly