KEIHIN PJ 34 install problems...

Nickyfs280

Feb 17, 2014
Dillonvale, Ohio
I have an 03 blaster with that has been bored to a 280, it's been ported and polished. I'm having problems with the carb I had just bought, its a pj 34mm. It doesn't want to fit up to the air box hose. I have a stock air box with a k&n filter and a stock lid that has been drilled and each hole has a filter. I just need to know a cheap, easy way to connect the air box to the carb..

It is not possible to bore a Blaster to 280, who told you it was a 280 and how did they arrive at that figure?

You may not need to use such a big carby, it may hinder performance.

I bought the piston and it was bored in a machine shop then I sent it away to be ported and polished. I had it without an airbox attached and it runs like a bat out of hell. I just need to figure out a way to connect it

Unless it is jetted for no filter and airbox the engine will not last the break in procedure.

Never, ever run an engine without a filter.

Hope you at least had a pod filter attached to carb running it without a air box..but to get it to fit your stock air box your gonna have to cut some off the air box breather tube and get a piece of pvc to fit inside of tube and then a coupling reducer to go from carb and to pipe and hose clamp it..thats the honkey hookup way..lol..or buy an aluminum cfm air box with right size coupling..I would..as long as your bike was ported by someone who knows what there doing that carb will work but if its just a clean up port job..stick with stock carb..still have stock pipe on it? Whats jets you have in pj 34?

you need to do something like this..........
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/adapter-for-bigger-carbs-to-stock-airbox-for-under-7.32852/

i suggest using smooth pvc pipe for a better seal, not threaded as shown.
i also like the www.siliconintakes.com reducers over the plumbing fernco fittings

If you do whats in that link, you need a 2" pipe, and will have to cut off part of the stock boot.

Making it go trough 1 1/4 " pipe will decrease the amount of air needed. The carb itself needs extra air, so it can do that itself creating pull from the jets

Thank you I'm going to run to lowes in the morning

don't forget the OD. measurement of the backside of the carb when you run to lowes.
the fernco reducer you get will need to fit onto what ever PVC you get and the smaller side needs to fit tight onto the carb