KEIHIN 27mm would i notice a diffrence on my blaster

blaster man1

Jul 30, 2014
scotland
hi all i have a
KEIHIN carb that i got from a freind and my carb off my blaster is f****d will i notice a diffrence with only 1mm diffrence in size

Hardly any difference, you may gain just a little top end and loose the same bottom end.

Whatever you do select the correct jets for your modifications and do a plug chop to confirm jetting!

I may be barking up the wrong tree, but I cannot recall any 2 strokes that use the 27mm carb.

I am aware of 110cc 4 strokes, and Honda XL 185's using them, but never any 2 strokes.

Someone please correct me if I an wrong!

If I am correct, they are exclusively designed for 4 stroke operation and would be unsuitable for a Blaster!

Last edited:
Hardly any difference, you may gain just a little top end and loose the same bottom end.

Whatever you do select the correct jets for your modifications and do a plug chop to confirm jetting!

I may be barking up the wrong tree, but I cannot recall any 2 strokes that use the 27mm carb.

I am aware of 110cc 4 strokes, and Honda XL 185's using them, but never any 2 strokes.

Someone please correct me if I an wrong!

If I am correct, they are exclusively designed for 4 stroke operation and would be unsuitable for a Blaster!

Mouse over image to zoom
  • $_14.JPG
  • $_14.JPG
  • $_14.JPG
  • $_14.JPG
  • $_14.JPG
Have one to sell? Sell it yourself
Details about KEIHIN 27mm racing carburettor performance carb YAMAHA JOG 50 HONDA DIO 50 2T
got this of ebay

And would you believe it if I said I ride a Jog most days.

Never been inside the covers, you learn something new everyday.

When you get it look at the choke arrangement, if it has a butterfly, it may not suit a 2 stroke, the carb slide cutaway maybe somewhat different.

image.jpg

So, apparently this is a real Keihin 26mm PE series carb. This is going to be a fail in so many ways.
OD of stock Blaster carb intake side is 35mm. This one is 33mm. 2mm too small for the intake boot.
OD of the air filter side is 43mm. OD on this one is 48mm. 5mm too big for the airbox.
You're on your own with jetting, because nobody else has tried this.
It's the same size as stock, so no performance advantage for all your trouble.

http://www.keihin-na.com/aftermarket/pe/

hi its no truoble i enjoy doing things like this in my spare time the carb im getting is a 27mm and a blaster is 26mm is that corect ? amd i can mod the air box side to fit

They don't make a 27 PE carb. Quite often, carbs are bigger on the intake side than they are in the middle right next to the slide. If you look at that link I posted, you will see that the outside dimensions for the 26 match up with the dimensions in the ebay listing. The biggest issue is that it's 2mm too small going into the intake boot. Even if you do manage to smash the boot down, you run the risk of an air leak at the boot. But, hey, it's your motor. If you want to cob something together to save a few bucks, carry on.

my quad is my hobby i have kids and other thinks that nead money flung at them so if i thing i can save a few £ on things dont c wats rong with that but thanks for info if it doesnt work then i will learn from it it only cost $18 at the end ov the day