Keep breaking reeds?

blasterkiidirl

Dec 10, 2010
Ireland Cork
I have v force 3 reeds on my race quad and the top reed keeps on breaking I'll see if i can put a pic up later to show if you don't know what i mean. Thing is now i run the boyesen fiberglass reeds (not the cf ones) and they dont break but they dont seel 100% and you can see a small bit on light threw them and theres a little miss in high revs as a result. Is it that the v force a crap or is this rare? and would getting carbon fiber boyesen reeds mean my reeds would hold up better cuz my quad flys when the reeds are working right it the only problem im having so far this year.

Are they breaking off or falling out/off then breaking ? Moto Tassinari, whio makes the vforce line of reeds is a great company and they make a great product ... Something has to be going on ? ? ?

Agreed, I've run vf2's and 2 sets of vf3's now with zero problems.
I did notice they've added reedstops to the vf4's?

Agreed, I've run vf2's and 2 sets of vf3's now with zero problems.
I did notice they've added reedstops to the vf4's?
The top of the reed petals chip off I run the boyesen reeds with out stops and they never chip off but they're not sealing even when i flip em around. I dont wanna but a set of v force 4's because I'm selling it soon but thanks for the input.

The top of the reed petals chip off I run the boyesen reeds with out stops and they never chip off but they're not sealing even when i flip em around. I dont wanna but a set of v force 4's because I'm selling it soon but thanks for the input.

If Boysens do not seal properly then they could have been over tightened at some point in their life causing the plates to warp.

I had the same problem and my reed cage on my vforce 3 was cracked and mine would chip off at the top I put stock ones in and they haven't given me a problem I do notice throttle response is a bit slow compared to vforce