just wondering on crank specs

nd jat

Aug 10, 2008
mandan ND
I'm new to blaster forum, but was wondering about what clearance was on the bottom end crank to rod. I was riding earlier and heard a clicking or clunking noise come from the motor, so I pulled the clutch to slow down and listen, It died abruptly. I already pulled the head and jug off. I know it is close to being in need to rebuild top end soon since I read up on specs about compression, it was low end, but still started good. its 2000, don't know if it has ever been cracked open before from previous owner. but is stock in appearance. the reason Im wondering is the wrist pin fills good no noticeable slop, but the crank to rod fills like there maybe excessive play in it.:(

I've figured that I need to rebuild the bottom end. I'm assuming that I should be able to see the needle bearings on the crank. it looks like the rod itself may have been scrapping the bottom of the case as well. I would like to keep it reliable and close to stock. does any one know where would be a good place to order bottom end parts from? or would yamaha dealer be the best route?

if your not familiar with all blaster stuff, get ur yammy dealer to help and order parts. this is what happened to me, when i left it up at a friends and he rode it. your crank bearing went and scraped the bottom of the crank area. same with mine. either you get a whole new crank like i did cuz the other one was junk, or just buy a connecting rod kit and get a machine shop to rebuild it. they have to press it apart with a massive press, like 40 ton or something not just an 2 ton arbour press then they have to balence it.

thank 89 I figured Id have to get the crank pin pressed. I'm just dumb struck with the way the bearing went with out taking anything else out with it? showed my dad he's more familiar with the 2 strokes. he said its definitely gone. but I'm more than willing to do most of the work myself, much more simple than an automatic transmission. this forum has been a great help figuring things out as well.