Just got home with my first project....

Feb 8, 2009
Portland, Oregon
I just got home with a 2003 Blaster w/o an engine and am going to start taking it apart to rebuild it. I have to decide on a color combo and am somewhat lost. The kid wants black and orange (his football team's colors), I like green and red (like the Moto Guzzi V11 Sport from a few years back), or (and most likely what will happen) all black with chrome a-arms, exhaust, and swing arm.
I already had a 3mil stroker with @ 20hours on it that needs a top-end to use along with the 240 cylinder that I will have dune ported. I am not sure if I will use the +2 a-arms as I want at minimum +4 (use my Elka's) or +5 and have to sell some stuff to get the cash for longer Elka's and I am hoping that the +4 swing arm will be long enough and it will have an Elka also. Most likely I will also get a +2+1 steering stem and Flexx bars as well. I currently have the following exhausts- Shearer, Toomey, and once again an FMF but I think that I am going to use either a big bore CPI or most likely an FTZ as I want to be different. I already have the following: Nology Ignition kit, Pro Design adjust. stator plate, VF3, K&N filter, and EHS airbox lid. I am also going to have to purchase either a 35mm or 38mm pwk air stryker for this build. My target is 45whp for this build that is hell-for-strong in the mid-range with plenty of top-end overrev.

What do you guys think?

Below is a what I bought from the guy....

EXCELLENT parts Blaster includes:

Rolling chassis NO MOTOR

28 MM carburator Keihin

FMF FULL exhaust system

WORKS front and rear shocks only used ONCE!! Practically NEW!

G Force axle +2 to 4 inches

Pro Taper handle bars

AC CHROME front bumper

Black racing style fenders

Burgard + 2 A arms

DG rear grab bar

DG nerf bars

Maxxis front and rear tires

• plus extras that he had laying around that I picked up cheap

o vito’s 240 cylinder and head @15min us before cast piston siezed

o +4 factory swing arm

All this Blaster needs now is a motor and ball joints for the A arms!

the only thing i know for sure is you should send me the Shearer exhaust cause you nice like that !!
On a serious note tho...sounds like a hell-of'a build, and i will stay close for it !!

here is a video of my new project. the sound is really low and you can't hear me talking about the blaster. this was shot using my GoPro Hero cam and it shows the basics of the blaster. everything in the video i got from the guy.

anyways here is the link:

Last edited by a moderator: