just got a cr85

blasters/banshees

Jan 11, 2009
Ny
Im gonna get pics soon the kid says it has a blow head gasket and he drained all the anitfreeze do you think its a good idea to start it for a second

dude i know you are very excited to start it, but dont. fix the head gasket and put antifreeze in it, in fact if you have the money just replace the top end. i can do one on a kx250 in 2 hours so it should be easier on a 85.

dude i know you are very excited to start it, but dont. fix the head gasket and put antifreeze in it, in fact if you have the money just replace the top end. i can do one on a kx250 in 2 hours so it should be easier on a 85.

okay this is what he said what happen he said he put a new topend didnt tighten it down enogh he thinks the head he didnt read the maunel how much torque specs and he said then anitfrezze was leaking outta the side so he drained it all

okay this is what he said what happen he said he put a new topend didnt tighten it down enogh he thinks the head he didnt read the maunel how much torque specs and he said then anitfrezze was leaking outta the side so he drained it all

hopefully he dident warp the head. but did you buy it already?

85's take an hour to rip down and put back together my rm went together so easy it wasnt even funny lol i to bought mine needing work waited it out for like 2 weeks put it together and took off

6sfazo.jpg

whats the big deal with runing them for a couple seconds without antifreeze my friend runs a 95 yz 250 for hill climbs no radiator no antifreeze he has been doing this for 2 years now on 1 full rebuild after he got it from the owner he re built the top and bottom end and had it ported and no problems with it