Just checking

John

Mar 2, 2010
I bought a pipie off of ebay-ok thats just great.

I put it up to my machine (88) and its different. Stock goes to the right, mine goes to the left and around to the right. Since the motors are practically the same for all years, is there the chance I bought the wrong year?
BTW its just the fmf pipe

we're gonna need pics of this, are you saying it exits and runs down the left side of the bike??? if so that will not work,
or did you get a right bend pipe that exits out the right side, if so thats good, but its not an fmf
pics?????????????

we're gonna need pics of this, are you saying it exits and runs down the left side of the bike??? if so that will not work,
or did you get a right bend pipe that exits out the right side, if so thats good, but its not an fmf
pics?????????????

right bend left bend no difference in performance, its the design of the pipe that matters

yeah whatever angus, our ass dyno's tell us the right bend pipes rule, and your shearer's run good, but only on your cylinders that are ported specifically to match it
and we were only trying to determine if he even has a blaster pipe, not a right versus left argument again

Last edited:
Yeah pictures will help out a lot. It almost sounds like you had an aftermarket right bend pipe to begin with and now you've got the FMF which I'm pretty sure they don't make in a right bend.

Sounds to me like ya just have a right bend pipe (not stock) goes out the right side and then back to silencer. The FMF 's go left side across the top of motor then to silencer- If ya have a pic it would help. May be interested in your right bend pipe.