Just bought a blaster

Xcakez

Apr 20, 2016
So last week I bought a 2001 blaster it needed a new piston but after I changed it it ran good for my whole upstate trip now the question I have is how do I kno what fatty pipe it has on the front because the one my cousin has is stock and mine is not I was wondering if there is a way to tell so when I clean out the carb and rejet it I kno which jets to get and where they should go i don't have a picture of it but the only marking on it is a square plate on the side of it is held on with springs and was a direct fit for the fmf powercore 2 which it says will not fit stock pipe I will try and get a picture later if I can

A pic would be good, meanwhile read up on plug chops you will need to do one after you work out where to start with the jetting.

You might have a pro circuit because mine has a square plate and I have a full pro circuit exhaust, and also if your quad is running normal with the new exhaust then you probley dont have to jet it.
This link talks about jetting after getting a pipe.

Be very wary about what the guy in the above video is saying, his information is very mis leading.

Whenever any changes are done to the breathing of an engine is made jetting adjustments are more than likely required.

A plug chop should be done to confirm the jetting whenever fitting an exhaust pipe of unknown characteristics.

If I heard correctly , this guy was using a Lectron carb, as far as I am aware they do not use jets to meter the fuel flow.