just bought a 93 blaster!! need info

Arties93blaster

Feb 8, 2014
Hey guys I just purchased a 1993 blaster. I was looking for some help with what maintaince I should do and oil to use. Also what years the 93 is compatible with plastics that are direct bolt on. And the best sites to buy stuff. Thanks for all your help in advance.

Start out with fresh mix,clean air filter, clean carb,new,plug,compression test,leak down test. You want to use ATV/Motorcycle trans oil. It has to be wet clutch type.

Reactions: Arties93blaster
The very first thing you should before you ride it is to leak test it to see if it is air tight.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H5MCeTPd-k&feature=youtube_gdata_player]How To Perform a Leak Down Test – YouTube[/URL]

You will get a multitude of answer about oils, each different, each stating that ****** is the best oil.

The main thing to do when choosing an oil is that it must be oil designed for air cooled motorcycles.

Weed eater, outboard and chainsaw oil is no good.

My preference is a Castor oil based oil at 25:1 in the tank and Yamalube 4 in the transmission.

Change the spark plug b8es, before it gets a chance to foul, keep the air filter clean, use fresh gas do not let it get old in the tank.

As for plstics, I have no idea I am an engine guy.

Last edited:
Any idea where to air filter is on them and alright lol thats alot of stuff ill try my best to figure it out n everything the guy told me to use 32:1 oil he gave me a few containers and it has a seperate place to the left of seat with the oil container which feeds into the gas and mixes it

88-02 plastics will work for you.

Check what they said, and also check out all bushings and bearings for wear and play. Swingarm, rear bearing carrier, front wheels, and a-arm bushings. Also check the ball joints for wear and play.

I use Maxima Super M 32:1 with no problems. And Bel-Ray gearsaver in the tranny. But like Blaaster stated, Oils are all user preference.

Right now the rear caliper doesnt do much I dont think it even moves when I hit rear brakes might look into some stuff tmrw

Any idea where to air filter is on them and alright lol thats alot of stuff ill try my best to figure it out n everything the guy told me to use 32:1 oil he gave me a few containers and it has a seperate place to the left of seat with the oil container which feeds into the gas and mixes it
And what spark plug would u use

Your air filter will be under the seat, either exposed, or under a black box with a snorkel on it.
I hope one is there.

You still have the auto lube injection hooked up. You need to use a quality 2-stroke oil designed for injectors.

spark plug=NGK B8ES

It lookes like theres alot of diffferent yamalube 4 which one would I get
Right now the rear caliper doesnt do much I dont think it even moves when I hit rear brakes might look into some stuff tmrw
I'm not to familiar with yamalube. Someone else will have to tell you about that.

Awk08 makes and sells a replacement rear brake kit. Ask him for the details.

you have to determine if the previous owner was mixing the fuel and oil @ 32:1 or still using the oil injection system that you mention the tank under the seat,
you have to be doing one or the other, but not both.

his mention of 32;1 leads to believe he was premixing, not injecting it, as there is no "32:1 oil"
that is a reference to the ratio any oil can be mixed at, 4 ounces of oil per 1 gallon of fuel.

be sure to figure out...premix or injection ? before running that engine again.
and be sure to get the correct oil for either.

maxima makes 2 different blends of their Super-M, for mixing or injection.
the factory yamalube also makes a good injection type.

Your air filter will be under the seat, either exposed, or under a black box with a snorkel on it.
I hope one is there.

You still have the auto lube injection hooked up. You need to use a quality 2-stroke oil designed for injectors.

spark plug=NGK B8ES

Glad you picked up on the auto lube comment.

you have to determine if the previous owner was mixing the fuel and oil @ 32:1 or still using the oil injection system that you mention the tank under the seat,
you have to be doing one or the other, but not both.

his mention of 32;1 leads to believe he was premixing, not injecting it, as there is no "32:1 oil"
that is a reference to the ratio any oil can be mixed at, 4 ounces of oil per 1 gallon of fuel.

be sure to figure out...premix or injection ? before running that engine again.
and be sure to get the correct oil for either.

maxima makes 2 different blends of their Super-M, for mixing or injection.
the factory yamalube also makes a good injection type.
He used the injection system but I will be taking that out because I dont want it to randomly stop and blow the motor

It lookes like theres alot of diffferent yamalube 4 which one would I get
Yamalube 4, 10w30 type SE motor oil.

He used the injection system but I will be taking that out because I dont want it to randomly stop and blow the motor

No need to worry about the injection system failing, they are as safe as houses.

The only problems you may have with the pump is if you flip the bike, then the system should be bled for induced air bubbles.

Keep the tank topped up with quality injection oil and promote cleanliness and all will be well.

By the way, unknown to many the engine produces more power with injection than mixing at 32:1.

An specific things i should know about changing oil or tranny oil or Nything besides unplugging and refilling

Warm up the engine to operating temperature and drain the oil. Pour in 650ml, no more, no less of fresh oil of your choice.

Last edited:

No need to worry about the injection system failing, they are as safe as houses.

The only problems you may have with the pump is if you flip the bike, then the system should be bled for induced air bubbles.

Keep the tank topped up with quality injection oil and promote cleanliness and all will be well.

By the way, unknown to many the engine produces more power with injection than mixing at 32:1.

Warm up the engine to operating temperature and drain the oil. Pour in 650ml, no more, no less of fresh oil of your choice.
Ok stupid question thats the gearr oil correct? And how much tranny fluid do I use

Ok stupid question thats the gearr oil correct? And how much tranny fluid do I use

this is the trans/gear oil............

Warm up the engine to operating temperature and drain the oil. Pour in 650 ml, no more, no less of fresh oil of your choice.

the oil level can be checked thru the sight glass below the kicker

Because it takes a different oil then you would use to make a gas mix.
Oh yes I know I use 32:1 to mix gas and will use a different oil for trans gear oil the shop id go to is closed today so I just checked over my brakes today my fronts are working better is there any other way of adjusting them besides getting that piece horizontal and then just unscrewing that nut on ur handle bar? And I also stitched up a crack lol