just bought a 01 blaster

langlais23

Apr 27, 2014
Hello everyone, I just bought a blaster off a guy for $450. It runs but when I go to start it the kick start only has "power" if that's the word im looking for every other kick...for example one kick it works and the next kick there is no pressure against the kick start. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

those above should always be done.

this sounds like a kicker gear problem, time to pull the clutch cover and see whats going on in there

I went to take off the clutch cover today...and unfortuneately the screws were stripped...any ideas on how to get them out now if I can? And just because I am uninformed what is a leakdown and compression test? And what do they do?

Compression test confirms that the engine has adequate compression to run/start/perform at its best.

Leak testing will confirm that there are no air leaks in the engine, which can upset the jetting and create a dangerously lean mix which can destroy the engine!

Thanks for the help on that part...but how do I fix the problem with the stripped screw I can't undo

it's recommended to use an impact screwdriver to remove the stock phillips head screws........
http://www.harborfreight.com/impact-screwdriver-set-with-case-37530.html

image_17210.jpg

that may still work with the large phillips tip ?

if not, you'll need an extractor set
http://www.harborfreight.com/12-piece-screw-extractor-set-40349.html

image_18082.jpg

just one method....chizel and hammer,or
vise grip that sob
more expensive way/impact screwdiver
they do take a large headed screwdriver/so if you used or someone used a small one then thats why there stripped/cant remember the size at the moment

There a few ways to attack a stripped screw, depending on how bad it is.

Will an impact driver move it.

Some folks use a small chisel and try tap it out.

If all else fails use a drill the same size as the shank and drill the head off.
You can then remove the case and remove the screw when it is visible.

An impact screwdriver might do the trick. I am going to try it tomorrow...but do you think an impact cordless drill will do the same or do I need the hammer and screwdriver method?

An impact screwdriver might do the trick. I am going to try it tomorrow...but do you think an impact cordless drill will do the same or do I need the hammer and screwdriver method?
DO NOT TRY AN IMPACT DRILL
it is not the same!

when i removed one of my screws even the screwdriver wouldnt budge it and i had to remove it with the extractor kit awk pictured

Good thing you said that because I was gonna try it. But I just looked and the screw isn't even that stripped...don't get me wrong it is a little...but its more stuck than stripped I should've said

Use an impact screwdriver

the force of the hammer blow will hold the tip in the screw to prevent slipping/stripping
using a drill does not give you that force and can cause it to slip easily (no matter how much to push into it)