Joe's Squish, Head update.

sporty982000

Jul 10, 2012
Illinois
Well,

I finally got around to putting on Joes squish head.

I gave up on getting my cousins compression tester. So I have no data there. So sorry about that.

But this thing was impressive. Honestly. I wish I had 2 more just like it, for the other blasters.

I put this one on my sons white blasters. 68mm bore. stock reeds, fmf fatty gold and power core two. weisco piston in it.

Had about 5 hours on the rebuilt when I put it on.

Could feel a little more on the kick start. it started 1st kick.

I could tell right away. here is what I noticed.

the throttle, rev was crisper,sharper, faster respounding.

1st gear, seems a tad more different, not allot, but I could tell a tad more horse power.

2nd gear, was almost the same. I got a better feel, that there was more there. But hard to say how much more power. the wheelies and tire spins in the dirt, seems to happen quicker and easier, than the stock head.

3rd-6th gear,

I really could tell the differance in the 3 thru 6 gears. especially 3 and 4th, it really seem to pull hard and much stronger there.

Other things I noticed.

As I may have mentioned, thie white blaster was running rich, I had a 280 main in it, and went to a 270 prior to putting the head on today.

But I had noticed yesterday I was still a tad rich with the 270.

So i was curious to see, what I would run into with the squish.

(I did not plug chop) over the years, I have had a good feel for if its running rich or lean. but recommend a plug chop if you do add a squish head.

As of now I am running just right, not lean and not rich.

So if you add a squish head, you are gonna have to check it, as I think the bigger burn / pop / bang, what ever you want to call it and a little more added heat to the cylinder head. will cause it to run a tad leaner. then what your current settings are.

You will likely need to go up one jet size, (example) if you got a 260 main, you likely want to add a 270 main.

That my review, and im sticking with it. I think this is a good improvement investment.

Sporty

Well,

I finally got around to putting on Joes squish head.

I gave up on getting my cousins compression tester. So I have no data there. So sorry about that.

But this thing was impressive. Honestly. I wish I had 2 more just like it, for the other blasters.

I put this one on my sons white blasters. 68mm bore. stock reeds, fmf fatty gold and power core two. weisco piston in it.

Had about 5 hours on the rebuilt when I put it on.

Could feel a little more on the kick start. it started 1st kick.

I could tell right away. here is what I noticed.

the throttle, rev was crisper,sharper, faster respounding.

1st gear, seems a tad more different, not allot, but I could tell a tad more horse power.

2nd gear, was almost the same. I got a better feel, that there was more there. But hard to say how much more power. the wheelies and tire spins in the dirt, seems to happen quicker and easier, than the stock head.

3rd-6th gear,

I really could tell the differance in the 3 thru 6 gears. especially 3 and 4th, it really seem to pull hard and much stronger there.

Other things I noticed.

As I may have mentioned, thie white blaster was running rich, I had a 280 main in it, and went to a 270 prior to putting the head on today.

But I had noticed yesterday I was still a tad rich with the 270.

So i was curious to see, what I would run into with the squish.

(I did not plug chop) over the years, I have had a good feel for if its running rich or lean. but recommend a plug chop if you do add a squish head.

As of now I am running just right, not lean and not rich.

So if you add a squish head, you are gonna have to check it, as I think the bigger burn / pop / bang, what ever you want to call it and a little more added heat to the cylinder head. will cause it to run a tad leaner. then what your current settings are.

You will likely need to go up one jet size, (example) if you got a 260 main, you likely want to add a 270 main.

That my review, and im sticking with it. I think this is a good improvement investment.

Sporty

Are you still running the air box lid?

I like to compression test before I fire it up just to see where the motor is fresh ( not really necessary IMO), then after a tank of gas, And once a season unless a problem arises. That way you can catch it before it does any damage! Remember re-ring when you loose 10% of your compression! Ex: After first tank of gas I had 150 psi on new top end, a few seasons later I'm down to 135psi time for rings and a hone!

This is what I have gone by for a long time!