Oct 20, 2011
Mikuni tm32 carb
Mods are fmf pipe
Port and polish
Banshee airbox with filter and lid off
Boyeson reeds

290 jet
35 pilot

When taking off it bogs and cuts out unless your on half revs.the carbs clean I'm thinking its the pilot jet when u put the air screw in tight its NOT as bad.

Just wondering bigger are smaller
I've checked all the stickied jetting threads and can't find the answer because it annoys me when people put up stupid jetting questions when the threads are there already.

Thanks in advance

Is the float level correct and have you followed the idle setting procedure as per manual?

How often should this need to be done? I see it mentioned on here a lot. I've worked on a lot of carbs and never had to adjust one ever.

How often should this need to be done? I see it mentioned on here a lot. I've worked on a lot of carbs and never had to adjust one ever.

If you adjust the float and it's good u won't have to do it again inless if falls out of adjustment. It just had to be measured and checked!

I measure mine everytime I have it off, if I'm cleaning it or anything take a couple seconds and I no its good.

yeah sounds like you need a bigger pilot. Pull your plug and check the color tho. I'd say that your main jet is about right on.

Floats can be jarred out of adjustment by rough terrain and jumps.

Floats also can ingest fuel through tiny cracks and become heavy.

I have worked on thousands of carbs and have often found the float level out of specs!

If you are using a #35 pilot jet and the air screw is fully in I would be suspecting an air leak.

Normally a #32.5 pilot will work well unless your are big bore and stroked.

When you performed the leak test did you flex the carby boot to ensure there are no cracks in it?

Although the main jet has no relation to small throttle openings, if you are pre mixing at 32:1, I would be upping it to #300 - #310.