Jetting.....

Prime

Jul 11, 2011
Batavia, NY
Hey guys, I am tired of messing with this, I just want to ride! I installed the jets tonight. Still nothing. The blaster doesn't even want to start...also seems like there is a LOT of gas in the carb when I take it off. Again I am running a full FMF with the airbox lid ON. I tried both 270 jet and 260...

I don't know how to do that...lol. Anyway does anyone have any idea what might be going wrong with my blasty?

well for starters...make sure your getting spark!!! 2nd... take your carb off and clean it so good your moma will eat off it! it has to be spotless!! 3rd do a leakdown and and compression test...then report back sir!

x2 and is it a dyno jet you are putting in? if so try to go with the 360 then go down. but the 360 works great in mine.

I really don't know what the name of the jet is. I went to a local yamaha dealer and bought what I could. I could only get a 270 and 260 jet...so I plan on running with the airbox lid on.

I wouldn't start with a 360, that's a big jet for his mods. I'm only running 350 with the Power Pros exhaust, reeds, no airbox and UNI filter... As far as opening up the carb and finding gas in there, you have to turn off the fuel and then drain the carb before you pull it out, otherwise you will find lots of gas in it. For it not starting, try adjusting the screw on the front of the carb. If that doesn't work, try removing the airbox lid for a few kicks to see if it starts.