jetting

biggrobb762

Jan 18, 2011
HARFORD CO. MD.
ok i just rebuilt the top end on my blaster its all stock with stock carb i removed the oil injection, tors and whatever else that was not needed it runs good at idle and half throttle but at full throttle it bogs i also have an open air box i did some adjustment to the air screw i started out at 1 and a 1/2 turns out and now im at 2 and 1/2 and its running better but im thinking my jets are off like i said there stock what should i change them to oh yeah im running 40 to 1 on my fuel too

Are you sure its a bog or is it more of a stumble? How's the plug look? Usually taking the lid off you would go up a size or two on the main. Got a clean air filter and fresh plug?

try a 250 main, and put the airscrew back to under 2 turns, your adjusting it to make up for something else, did you leakdown test it ???
did you use a factory base gasket, or guaranteed to leak green one ???
retorque the head and base bolts after "proper break-in" ????

try a 250 main, and put the airscrew back to under 2 turns, your adjusting it to make up for something else, did you leakdown test it ???
did you use a factory base gasket, or guaranteed to leak green one ???
retorque the head and base bolts after "proper break-in" ????

Yeppers. Try out a 250 main......and/or check the main jet in the carb and make sure it's not clogged.