jetting

dhi

Apr 28, 2010
I bought a flotek aggressive ported polished top end from yes-ser and I was wandering if anyone can help me with jetting since I heard you can blow it up if its not right! I also have a fmf gold series fatty, cobra silencer, K&N filter, v-force 2 reeds on it. I was going to get the vitos jet kit for their 240? Will it work or do I need to do something different? Yes-ser said he had a 28mm carb on it but i wanted to get it going with the stock carb until i get a bigger one.

ok thanks! will the vitos kit work? looks like it has about 6 jets in it? do you know wat size jets come in that kit? i will also be using the vitos high compression gasket kit and the head has been reworked and milled for higher compression if it matters? any idea on other jet size? thanks again!

with a port job and fmf i think you are going to need at least a 310 mabey more.. i was running a 300 with my stock carb and no portwork... if i were you i would wait to get a bigger carb, you are going to be in huge jet sizes for a stock carb 320? 330? tough to say man..

i was running a 330main in my stock cylinder with my f7 pipe, uni filter and vf3's, i'd definately say a aggressive ported 240 bbk needs to go way bigger than that on the main and up at least 1 size on the pilot, i'd start way large, possibly the biggest you can get and work down doing plug chops along the way,
anything high 200's or low 300's is gonna fry sumthin imo

i was running a 330main in my stock cylinder with my f7 pipe, uni filter and vf3's, i'd definately say a aggressive ported 240 bbk needs to go way bigger than that on the main and up at least 1 size on the pilot, i'd start way large, possibly the biggest you can get and work down doing plug chops along the way,
anything high 200's or low 300's is gonna fry sumthin imo

thats what im sayin, running a cylinder like that on a stock carb is unheard of lol. 400 main 85 pilot lololol thats just a joke dont get those jets! :D

oh i see, got confused when you mentioned the vito's 240 kit, why would you buy a 240 jet kit then, high 200's, low 300's will work, start big, like the 320 and work down, stock pilot

i was wandering about the vitos jet kit they sell for the 240? any idea wat size jets come in that jet kit and if it will work 4 me? thanks!