Jetting?

00blasterRESTO

Dec 4, 2007
Corn Feilds Of Indiana
Ok I'm gettin ready to finish this bad boy before long, I'v got a 28mm Keihin and basicly what you see below, So what you guys think it should be jetted at? It seemed to me like the stock carb jets had numbers on the bottom, I dont think this one dose, and basicly I'm looking for a basic rundown on how to jet, or see what i should use, I have the idea but not sure.. also where would you start with air screw to start.
I am going to be breaking the motor in and want to get as close as i can with the carb, on the fresh motor.
I am also thinking somewhere in the 32:1 area with gas/2 stroke runnin probly castor 927.... Thanx Will I:I

ok hey, what it had in it before was 145 main and 45 pilot, what do you think of that??? also where do you think I go with air screw, another thing I noticed is that my needle was slightly bent =/ may need a new one ey.

ok hey, what it had in it before was 145 main and 45 pilot, what do you think of that??? also where do you think I go with air screw, another thing I noticed is that my needle was slightly bent =/ may need a new one ey.

go 165 main change thats needle and i ment 48 pilote but 45 should be ok the way to know if your pilote is ok if your air screw is out more than 1.5 turn install the next bigger pilote if it less than 1 turn install the next leaner pilote and dont use syntec oil for break-in

I was gonna use castor 927 for premix and yamalube all purpose 10-40 in case, what you think or let me know if something better, premix is 32:1 right? been a while. any good place online to get jet kit and needle for keihin?

best place for jet is your stealership,less than 3$each,for tranny oil use yamaha trans oil or bel-ray gear saver,for pre-mix yeah any syntec oil will do the trick except if you are in break-in then use regular non syntec oil,and 32-1 is great!!!

^^^ yep, 32:1 is good idk..i use 40:1 it runs strong, but start off at 32:1 and decide for yourself where you wanna go from there, i love belray gear saver for tranny oil, but yea, yamalube4 is good too, i just prefer the bel ray sh*t