jetting questions?

03blasta

Nov 6, 2012
Wisconsin
hey guys im back again with more questions lol. your probably saying great it's that idiot that doesnt have a clue but i've been doing some reasearch and i know quite a bit more about my machine now (I even read the manual a few more times) but i still have a question. i know in your carby you got a main jet and a pilot jet. my question is it says when you get a performance part of some kind you have to get a bigger jet size. i assume this is the main jet right? or do you have to adjust the pilot jet too? and also how do you know how many sizes bigger of a jet you should get for the part you put on? no big deal just wondering for future reference:D

if you get a performaance part you would need to increase your main jet .. and the sixe all depends on the upgrade that you put on

any increase in flow in or out of the engine will require some adjustments, usually just the main jet and adjust the airscrew, and sometimes even a needle clip position move to jet the mids, < but thats rare.
the main and airscrew(adjusts pilot jet) most always need richened.

just let us know what you're upgrading and we'll be able to suggest a jetting range for you.

Here is a helpful little link for carb jetting/trouble shooting.

http://www.blasterforum.com/carburetor-138/jetting-101-everything-explained-1625/

its a pretty good read, as someone above said if you tell you us what mods you are using and your elevation we can help you get a good starting point on your jetting. Remember also, that colder weather means going up on your main jet. I believe its 1 jet size increase for every 20 degrees F that you get colder.

Gonna need all other mods, temp and elevation to answer that one.

Whatever you do, put the idea of starting the motor out of your mind before you swap the jets.