jetting question

ajaysblaster

Dec 13, 2012
I was the one would had the noise in the motor.You guys kept telling me i needed a 270 main jet for the mods.Which are fmf pipe and silencer Boyshen replacement reed moose air filter vitos timming key and vitos head high compression head gasket It would not run 1 st gear out or any gears .So i put my 250 main back in still was rich after head gasket was done.So i took the airbox lid off and it ran great.So, i guess i will try the 270 tomorrow with airbox lid off.Boyshen tells you to go down in the papers that come with the reeds.Fmf say play with jetting.But my friends blaster had v force 2 reeds in it uni air filter and fmf combo and he ran stock jetting in it for year before he sold it and never had a problem from it. Plugs always look good in it .

"Good" looking plugs can be a cover up, did u/he plug chop? If so what color was the white part under the plug threads? If it was running really lean it proly blew up right after he sold it

Last edited:
I know from my experience rebuilding the motor that no matter how well you think it runs, always plug chop to confirm the correct jetting. We can throw all sorts of jetting numbers for you but that doesnt matter. Every bike and location is going to be a little different. 270 is just a baseline. Plug chop, plug chop, plug chop. If you don't, you have no idea if your motor is going to last a year or a day.

The bike my friend sold run fine to this day.No changes to the jetting at all.Me and my friend rode at least hour and half up to 6 hours a day every day for 8 months .I mean every day..Also with them mods im talking he had.It always run rich with stock jetting.I have a Lt250r that is my bike.After i added fmf pipe silencer and Boyshen rad valve ,milled head .20 bored .80 over kn air filter and trail port to it .I had to go down from a 240 stock down to 195 and the pilot jet from a 45 to a 35.Another thing is if your airfilter is dirty it will make it .rich to.Thats what im getting to this just cause it work with another bike doesnt mean it will run my bike.Where i live we have cold and warm days humid and dry days and elevation 2000 is my base i ride up to 4200 feet.So what work for someone else isnt going to be the same on the quad of my nephew owns.Also the fmf i dont think needs rejetted. I havent seen 1 lt250r that had to be rejetted for a fmf pipe or dg pipe.Now when you get a better pipe for them you have to go up in jetting for them like the Q pipe or PT CT Ducan Shearer pipe .But I will have a plug chop tomorrow to be safe But if a motor is lean it gets ringy and if its rich it blogs you can get close without plug chops.Then do them to save money plugs.After you run them for awhile you can tell if a bike is lean or rich just by the feel and how they pull..