jetting problem pleese help

yamaha lover

Sep 12, 2009
new castle
i have a 04 blaster it has a k&n air filter and fmf gold series compression chamber and fmf power core2 muffler fmf told me to run a 260 main jet its running to lean it had a 220 in for main when i bought it and it ran rich so i went to my local Yamaha shop and the guy said i need a 210 witch made it run even richer and i have the needle set in the third position it wants to flood out all the time and it has a hanging idle i cleaned the throttle valve and where it slides with carburetor cleaner it helped a little but it still has a hanging idle can some one help me

Your a little confused and I hate to say this but your dealer doesn't know wtf they are talking about. If you have your airlid off your going to want somewhere around a 290 main with the stock carb. Why do you think its flooding out? Usually a hanging idle is a lean condition. If at all possible do a leakdown test and rejet your carb along with double checking the float height. Keep us posted on progress and be sure you have a clean filter and new plug.

Still running oil injection? TORS? If mixing what ratio and oil? Checked for air leaks? Checked compression? Plug pics? Cleaned air filter and carb? Check out the links in my signature...

hanging idle means its lean and the flooding you are experiencing is almost undoubtably a major lean bog, its doing that cause its not getting ENOUGH fuel to burn, your dealers have the concept messed up, bigger jets are richer, smaller ones are leaner, stock is a 230, you should run AT LEAST a 280/290.