Jetting help

Wood24

May 28, 2015
since I'm not experienced enough with two strokes this being the first I've built, need yalls help.
Setup: elevation 700-800, 3mil crank, KOR head, KOR port templates to port cylinder, pro circuit pipe and silencer, stock carb stock needle 2nd clip, 340 main right now, stock pilot 2 turns out highest idle is almost 2 1/2 turns maybe a little more, 30:1 pre mix. Any help would be appreciated feels like no balls up to half throttle

stock carb stock needle 2nd clip, 340 main right now, stock pilot 2 turns out highest idle is almost 2 1/2 turns maybe a little more

those all sound too rich for that setup
* 32.5 pilot under 2 turns out has worked in all stages of engine tune I've dealt with, including stock engines to KOR porting & head mod with CFM airbox and VF-3 reeds.
it should work for you also.
* same for the middle clip on the needle
* pro circut pipes are usually in the 270-310 range max.

it sounds as if all those overly rich settings may be masking an airleak somewhere ?
has it been leakdown tested ?

It maybe way to rich i posted a pic of the first spark plug I chopped just on heat cycles and piddleing around in the yard and it was dark. yes I've leak tested it. I also have a custom air box and uni pod filter and boysen reeds. Forgot to mention that before. And retirqued the jug and head

i posted a pic of the first spark plug I chopped just on heat cycles and piddleing around in the yard

no good, putting around the yard and heat cycles allow all ranges of jetting to color the plug.
thats fine for a 4 stroke, but not a 2 stroke.
1 range could be lean and another rich, leading you to believe it's correct, but it may not be.
plug chops can be done at 1/2 throttle for the needle/clip setting, and full throttle to determine main jetting.

the procedure must be followed exactly so the run is only done in 1 range at a time, and the throttle "chopped" and engine killed immeditely, then change plug for ride back to inspect tested plug to prevent other jetting ranges from adding color to the plug, leading to a fouled attempt.

read and follow exactly: http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/how-to-plug-chop.53237/