jetting help

Screaminblaster

Feb 23, 2014
I have an 01 Yamaha blaster. It has been bored over but I'm not sure how much. I will soon have a full FMF exhaust kit. And I may take the air box lid off. What main jet size should I be looking for? Should I buy an individual or just buy the jet kit.

You will want to order a 270, 280, 290, 300, and 310 main jet. Start with the 310 and plug chop it. You will likely end up with a 280.

Jetting is not determined by riding style. You have to rejet your bike after you do any mods that change the air/fuel ratio. Rejetting is to maintain the correct ratio. The jets that I recommended are for the mods that you are going to do. Mods that require jetting changes are air filter or air intake, exhaust, porting, head mod, reeds (Sometimes)

Jetting is not determined by riding style. You have to rejet your bike after you do any mods that change the air/fuel ratio. Rejetting is to maintain the correct ratio. The jets that I recommended are for the mods that you are going to do. Mods that require jetting changes are air filter or air intake, exhaust, porting, head mod, reeds (Sometimes)
What do you mean by plug chopping?