Jetting help please

stacypfingsten

U.S.N. Veteran.
Apr 8, 2014
norcal
I have a full Fmf gold series pipe and silencer,no lid and stock filter. I still have the stock 32.5 pilot and we are at 1500 ft. Of elevation. Please help with a starting point on main jet. It has a 230 in it now. Also it's still injected thanks.

We run 290/300 mains, stock pilot and needle on middle clip here @ 1800'+ elevation w/32:1 mix, lids off, uni filters & FMF's
I'd buy 270/280/290 mains, start large and plug chop down.
Having a few sizes larger mains on hand will allow you to rejet for an aftermarket filter, colder weather, or a trip to lower elevations in the future.

Ok already had a 290 and a 300. I grabbed a 260,270 and 280 today. Also I think my float or needle is stuck because fuel is running out of overflow. Any thoughts on this. Thanks fellas.

if I go to the coast which for me is not far it will then be lean. How do I account for this ?

you'll need to re-jet richer for lower elevations.
until you get some experience with your exact bike/set-up and elevation changes, the only true way is to increase your main jet and plug chop to confirm it's correct.
the link above about elevation changes could shed some light on how many jet sizes to increase per ft. in elevation ?

You should be perfectly safe upping the main jet one size going from 1700 to sea level. You will however have to account for changes in temp and humidity. Depending on how rich you are at 1700 would determine at what elevation you need to up your jet, if you are riding between those elevations