Jetting and tuning question

maverick

Nov 13, 2010
Just picked up a 2000 blaster, it has a DG pipe with the stock muffler on it. should this be jetted or can i just adjust the fuel/air screw?

thanks

also im gonna be riding in the winter, should i tune it to run richer and use a hotter plug in the cold?
thanks

stock jet is a 230, my first blaster (brand new 96) came with one size bigger main jet, that the manual said to intall when riding below freezing, but i never did, prolly cause the oil injection system injects so much oil????? sold it 9 hard ridden years later with the stock piston still in it
but if your mixing your fuel/oil, i'd bump that main to a 240/250, just to be safe, then do the plug chops to be absolutely sure

thanks for the replys, ill do the above. also my bike came with an ngk b7es plug, is this plug ok to run on my stock blaster?

I bought a 2001 Blaster with a DG exhaust and silencer, and rebuilt topend with Wiseco piston, and a Uni filter.

I recently pulled the carb to clean and jets were stock and the pin was one from the top. Plug chops were still on the rich side. SO... my guess is the DG exhaust does about nothing by itself.

I removed the airbox lid, put a new filter in (no foil) and started doing plug chops with a 290 main and clip in stock location. First chop actually looked pretty darn good. Tad rich. Bike pulls like mad now. Got dark so I only got one chop done but I'm confident it's at least 'safe'.

Just thought I'd toss this out there for reference. Sorry to hijack...

Justin

that wasnt a hi-jack, sounds like the info he was after