It's been a while - Good blaster stores?

89custom

May 27, 2008
GTA, Ontario
Hey guys, Indeed I am not dead, I've just been caught up in school, my supra and multiple careers so the blasters been sitting in a barn for a solid 2 years after she blew up, admittedly after not being ridden much for a maybe 4 years. Fried the top end due to an air leak in the cases... Standard Vitos 240 big bore kit on it's last bore. I'm in need of a new top end and I'm not sure what route is good these days. I've been out of the game quite a while and curious what's popular these days.

Thinking about just re-sleeving the vitos kit and grab a new piston and change all my bottom end bearings. Not sure of the downfalls of re-sleeving a vitos 240 kit though. I know they're not the top of the line big bore kits. Not looking to spend a whole bunch of cash but the power of the big bore kit is ideal.

If you guys could point me in the direction of some solid sources for blaster parts it would be much appreciated!

Just as a reminder of who I am;
blaster%20may%202012_zpswqcd9opx.jpg

And this is what I've been up to these days while neglecting the poor blaster...
DSC_8508_toupload_zpsf374f7a4.jpg

DSC_9016_zps32afd0ac.jpg

DSC_9021_zps1219b3b2.jpg

Teaser video. (new cams!)
Timelapse of engine pull
Thanks,
Matt

Welcome back! My Brother is a Supra fanatic, We did alot of work to his when he still lived here years ago.
This is his 89 HKS twin turbo.

That's super clean! Good stuff.

Awk! Good to see you're still around. You still selling those full rear hydro brake kits by any chance?

Larry, I was aiming of going that route, I am just not aware of the downfalls of re-sleeving. I have a local shop that could do it no problem, I just happened to run into another thread on here when I first came back showing a cutaway stock cylinder which showed the sleeves aren't just pressed in but rather cast in place. Any loss of reliability or longevity by re-sleeving a vitos big bore?