is this guy on ebay good to use for boring?

maxwellh

Jun 27, 2009
seffner, fl
Last edited by a moderator:
hey bro, this is like 20 minutes from my house, and i searched high and low on ebay when i did mine in february, and didnt come across this, so he must have just advertised or opened his own shop, i'm gonna look in the phone book, and could call out there monday if i find a number, to feel him out,
but i remember seeing other ads like that and he's in the ballpark $$$ wise, and the turn around sounds great, lemme look into this local on monday and i'll respond again

thanks awk, i appreciate it. tyler, it does seem like a good deal, you know what they say...if it's too good to be true.....i just dont want to get shafted on my first rebuild. awk, if you get the chance to talk to him/them, lemme know if he sounds like he knows what he's talkin 'bout. he does not have much ebay feedack, so i wonder if he changed his username because of previous bad feedack? if anyone has, or knows someone who has used this guy, lemme know your opinion. it will be a month or so before i have any money to spend, and im thinkin aout usin him, so ill let everybody know then.

i messaged him on ebay to call me, told him i wanna come check out his shop, when i hear from him, i'll holler

i found a guy in florida that did mine with wiseco piston and rings for $140. dunno about this guy but lemme know how it turns out cuz he's alot closer

i told him 'bout "a" website i belong to, and he could pick up some work, 3 day turnaround sounds awsome, but i wanna go check out his shop and work before i actually tell him blasterforum.com
this is only like 15, 20 minutes from my house, i sent my name and cell # to him on ebay, we'll see if he calls, maybe i'll test his skills with this carb tuning thats drivin me nuts???

I found these ones too....

Yamaha Blaster Cylinder Boring / Piston & Rings Kit 200:eBay Motors (item 300340884275 end time Sep-21-09 05:49:57 PDT)

Too bad he is 3 hours away, i would drive there. looks like a good deal, but the first one i listed included the top end bearing, so i think its a better deal, for a cheapskate like me. is that bearing worth $15?

and this one...

Yamaha YFS200 200 Blaster Engine Motor Top Rebuild Kit!:eBay Motors (item 370222088089 end time Aug-27-09 17:27:04 PDT)

i really like the bead blasting thing especially for my old, beat up motors. I've never heard of Namura pistons, any good? but again no top end bearing, also the most expensive of the three, but the bead blasting justifies that.

Just some more options before you choose. :-/

it will be about a month before im ready to spend $200, so i have plenty of time to decide and do some more research.

Last edited by a moderator:
i told him 'bout "a" website i belong to, and he could pick up some work, 3 day turnaround sounds awsome, but i wanna go check out his shop and work before i actually tell him blasterforum.com
this is only like 15, 20 minutes from my house, i sent my name and cell # to him on ebay, we'll see if he calls, maybe i'll test his skills with this carb tuning thats drivin me nuts???

good lookin out awk, lemme know if this guy is just shootin salad and ill go with the guy outlaw used, his ad looks professional.