Is my bottom end left seal bad?

Jan 5, 2014
usa
My blaster was idling high so I was looking for air leaks. I saw there was a gap between the stator cover and the case so I started taking the cover off and water started spilling out. I drained all the water out, put the gasket back in place, and put the cover back on. I started my four wheeler and somehow exhaust is shooting out my stator cover where the gap was. I was wondering if the water could of ruined the seal or other things. Thanks.

first off, exhaust should never be in the bottom end where the seal is located.
are you sure it was exhaust gases ?
if so, you've got bigger problems than a seal.
and yes, if anything was coming out of the stator cover, the seal is bad

14mqc1y.jpg

Demonstrating a Leak Down Test performed on a Yamaha Blaster – YouTube

To Blaaster: maby you should putt that as your signature... or maby the mods can add it as a sticky thread, or even on the start of every page.
Most people either realise too late or dont take it seriously.

To Blaaster: maby you should putt that as your signature... or maby the mods can add it as a sticky thread, or even on the start of every page.
Most people either realise too late or dont take it seriously.
It should be a sticky at the top of the home page in big bold letters lol

Ya I'm pretty sure its exhaust it was real smokey. What would i have to do rebuild the whole bottom end.

we're going to need a video of that....I gotta see this, exhaust out the stator cover.
i can't even imagine how that could happen ?

thats not shooting out of the side of the exhaust flange ?

remove the stator cover and video it again with better lighting

I don't think its coming from the exhaust flange cause i can feel it coming out of the stator cover. I'll make another video tomorrow with it off.

I was running it some more and making sure it wasn't coming from anything else and luckily its coming out of the base of the cylinder. Thanks for your time and help.