Is it possible to flush engine after broken piston skirt?

Aug 2, 2013
North Carolina
Just picked up another Blaster for cheap. Was told it needed to be rebuilt and i was very certain that was the problem since it had no compression. After pulling the top end, i noticed the post one skirt was broken. I recovered some pieces on top so i was hoping it wouldnt be any further problems, so, I put in the new top end and started it and it ran very well. All of a sudden, i started hearing some "squealing" so i killed the engine. I think some of the piston may have fell into the engine? Is it possible to try to flush it out? I appreciate any help and much thanks in advance

I tried flushing a bottom once before I knew any better, it ran good for about a week, then took out the crank and new top end.
if pieces are in the bottom, chances are good they now made it into the top end again :(

To be honest, its not worth wasting time and effort flushing it out. You mst likely have debris at the bottom of the case, which if hit could possibly smash a whole through the case. Even worse is debris in the bearings that wont come out. Do it right the first time, split the cases, change the bearings and make sure its perfectly clean inside. Dont try and flush it then run it and cause more damage requiring more money to fix.

The problem with flushing is when you flush with any pressure, before the fluid can come out it has to go in.

This may wash debris into the bearings, which may not flush out.

One little bit of debris smaller than a pin point can wear out a bearing in a very short time.

If it's squeling it's already to late to do anything but buy new parts. I would not trust the rod bearing that is on the crank now.

I know we haven't given you what you want to hear.

It would be a good idea to leak test the engine before you start pulling it apart to see if the case has been damaged!

Ok, I have been working on the engine trying to tear it down. I have caught hell trying to take off the flywheel even with the holding tool and puller. I used the impact to take off the center nut but when I twist on the puller and use the impact to remove it, it comes off and its began to strip the puller, not the flywheel. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Ok, I have been working on the engine trying to tear it down. I have caught hell trying to take off the flywheel even with the holding tool and puller. I used the impact to take off the center nut but when I twist on the puller and use the impact to remove it, it comes off and its began to strip the puller, not the flywheel. Can someone point me in the right direction?

you need(ed) to remove the thick washer under the nut for the puller to thread in completly until it stops,
hopefully the threads didn't get too boogered to still grab and thread in fully.
I use my little antennae with magnet on the end to get the washer out