Is anyone "vaping"?

tfaith08

Feb 24, 2014
SW Alabama
A local shop has popped up called The Vapor Factory. They sell vaporizers and my step-mom went and got one. I tried it several times and it really did the trick to ward my nicotine cravings off.

For those who don't know what it is, a vaporizer is a thing that has a battery, chamber, and heater coil that contains a flavored water with nicotine in the chamber. It is refillable and the battery is chargeable. The flavors go for $13 at the local place and they last about a week at my usage levels (10+ packs of cigarettes a week).

My step mom upgraded hers to a higher end piece and gave us her old one. My wife upgraded the tank on that one, I got an adjustable power battery, tank, and battery charger, and we each got a flavor. I got my preference in flavor in 18mg nicotine and my wife got hers at 6mg. All in all, we paid $74 and some change.

Since then, about 3 weeks ago, I've smoked less than 10 cigarettes an I don't crave them at all. I went from spending around $60 a week on cigarettes to $13 a week.

The big thing for me while trying to quit was the physical action of smoking, which was as important to me as the actual effects of the nicotine. Patches did little more than prolong my intervals between cigarettes by a few minutes and make each cigarette stronger. Sunflower seeds, bubblegum, Jolly Ranchers, you name it, just didn't cut it.

I'm not selling these things so don't take this as an advertisement, but if you want to quit smoking the very easiest way possible, get a vaporizer.
20140619164513422.jpg

The middle one is the one that I have, plus a battery that's about 5" long. All in all, it's about 8" long and they're durable as hell.

I'd recommend it as a definite alternative to smoking.

My father-in-law has been doing it for about a year, no cigs after a couple weeks. Another guy I know has been making his own vapor for awhile and just opened a shop over in Asheville nc. I've tried it but didn't care for it a whole lot, but I guess its a good alternative. I've always believed that the physical action of smoking is just as, if not more addictive than the chemical. I got to prove it to a buddy when he tried to quit with the patch. Once I had it in his head it wasn't doing him any good, it didn't make a difference on his cravings wether he wore it or not. I am a strong believer in mental power, but I can't say much. Still smoking after 20 years even though I've quit cold turkey 3 or 4 times. The last time was the hardest and the only time I actually felt "chemical" withdraws. Had it down for almost 3 months when my best friend died and my house burnt down within a few weeks of each other and just haven't commited to doing it again. But it was cold turkey, and it was rough for 2 weeks just had to keep busy and then I was good. Everybody says you have to be ready to quit to do it, but are alcoholics and drug addicts ever really ready? Usually not, its just something you have to make yourself do

I don't know about e-cigs, but the stuff that I use in my vaporizer contains propylene glycol, not ethyl glycol as stated in that article. Basically, it contains water, flavor, thickener (propylene glycol), and nicotine. Propylene Glycol is used in some medicines, so I'm sure that it isn't that bad. If you ave an allergy to propylene glycol, you can find the liquids that use vegetable glycol, which is effectively the same thing.

I used to have a vape in high school but I think we were using it for something else lol. I also am trying to stop smoking,it's been 5 days with no cigarettes. Unfortunately I picked up dipping as an alternative lol

I made the switch for portable hookah smoking, i use starbuzz flavors with no nicotine since im a non smoker, love it no cleanup after every smoke, they also have a hookah bowl attatchment that can still smoke threw a hookah. I have all my smoking friends on it to ween their nicotine to ZERO n most of them r there. Lots of vape shops pop up around here now n theres even places to go where u hook ur batteries up to their tanks n tubes n smoke in a lounge like a hookah lounge

After smoking for 32 years, I quit last October and have been smoke free ever since. I didn't use the patch, E cigs, or any other product containing nicotine. I just quit. I found that the hardest thing about beating the addiction was beating my own brain. I convinced myself that when my brain was telling me I "needed a smoke", I really needed something else like food, a big glass of water, pain, more air.........anything but a cig. I used a straw and a big rubber band for the first few weeks. I cut the straw in half and would draw air into it like I was smoking. I wore the rubber band like a bracelet and would snap my wrist with it when the cravings got bad. When you really think about it, the "nicotine fits" smokers feel aren't that bad and they don't last very long. The key is to make a decision to never smoke again and stick to it. Another thing I did was print pictures of smokers with serious health problems from smoking and hang them all over my house and shop. Makes you think twice about smoking when you see a 30 year old man with no legs because he has Burgers disease. I'm 52 years old and had smoked for more than half of my life. The clock was ticking and I was going to end up on the wrong side of the grass if I didn't quit. I knew quitting would be hard but it would be much worse if I had stage 5 lung cancer. I thought about how many times I would have to look at my daughter from a hospital bed while I was withering away to a human skeleton. How do you explain to your wife and children that you'll never be there for them again because you had to smoke. The rest was easy.
don't smoke.jpg
I know the pain from that foot is worse than any craving for nicotine.

I don't know about e-cigs, but the stuff that I use in my vaporizer contains propylene glycol, not ethyl glycol as stated in that article. Basically, it contains water, flavor, thickener (propylene glycol), and nicotine. Propylene Glycol is used in some medicines, so I'm sure that it isn't that bad. If you ave an allergy to propylene glycol, you can find the liquids that use vegetable glycol, which is effectively the same thing.
Just sayin,other than not inhaling the smoke by products ..:confused:.
How does the fact that you are inhaling nicotine (same as cigs) and propylene glycol which is anti- freeze, worse. Reaction to the glycol ( most common) itself can be the same for either one since thats the base.The FDA has not studied any of this yet E- cig or vaping so the health risk is still unknown .
However one major cigarette maker is now making its own E -Cig so it must be safe ;). LOL !

After smoking for 32 years, I quit last October and have been smoke free ever since. I didn't use the patch, E cigs, or any other product containing nicotine. I just quit. I found that the hardest thing about beating the addiction was beating my own brain. I convinced myself that when my brain was telling me I "needed a smoke", I really needed something else like food, a big glass of water, pain, more air.........anything but a cig. I used a straw and a big rubber band for the first few weeks. I cut the straw in half and would draw air into it like I was smoking. I wore the rubber band like a bracelet and would snap my wrist with it when the cravings got bad. When you really think about it, the "nicotine fits" smokers feel aren't that bad and they don't last very long. The key is to make a decision to never smoke again and stick to it. Another thing I did was print pictures of smokers with serious health problems from smoking and hang them all over my house and shop. Makes you think twice about smoking when you see a 30 year old man with no legs because he has Burgers disease. I'm 52 years old and had smoked for more than half of my life. The clock was ticking and I was going to end up on the wrong side of the grass if I didn't quit. I knew quitting would be hard but it would be much worse if I had stage 5 lung cancer. I thought about how many times I would have to look at my daughter from a hospital bed while I was withering away to a human skeleton. How do you explain to your wife and children that you'll never be there for them again because you had to smoke. The rest was easy.View attachment 10717 I know the pain from that foot is worse than any craving for nicotine.
Most just want an easy way out .. they say it cant be done or they gain weight. If you were not born fat , and you are, whos fault is that ? I have a friend that said one day he woke up and decided not to smoke again, that was ten years ago . I told him he had balls to do that !. I will say the same for you ,Ken good job !:D

After smoking for 32 years, I quit last October and have been smoke free ever since. I didn't use the patch, E cigs, or any other product containing nicotine. I just quit. I found that the hardest thing about beating the addiction was beating my own brain. I convinced myself that when my brain was telling me I "needed a smoke", I really needed something else like food, a big glass of water, pain, more air.........anything but a cig. I used a straw and a big rubber band for the first few weeks. I cut the straw in half and would draw air into it like I was smoking. I wore the rubber band like a bracelet and would snap my wrist with it when the cravings got bad. When you really think about it, the "nicotine fits" smokers feel aren't that bad and they don't last very long. The key is to make a decision to never smoke again and stick to it. Another thing I did was print pictures of smokers with serious health problems from smoking and hang them all over my house and shop. Makes you think twice about smoking when you see a 30 year old man with no legs because he has Burgers disease. I'm 52 years old and had smoked for more than half of my life. The clock was ticking and I was going to end up on the wrong side of the grass if I didn't quit. I knew quitting would be hard but it would be much worse if I had stage 5 lung cancer. I thought about how many times I would have to look at my daughter from a hospital bed while I was withering away to a human skeleton. How do you explain to your wife and children that you'll never be there for them again because you had to smoke. The rest was easy.View attachment 10717 I know the pain from that foot is worse than any craving for nicotine.
That's awesome man. Good for you. Your right too, it just takes a little determination. Once you get your mind right its not that hard. Just like anything else in life, a little determination can and will get you anything. My time to quit (again) is coming soon, tired of making excuses. I find its easiest to quit if I work myself up to being real pissed off about smoking!

Just sayin,other than not inhaling the smoke by products ..:confused:.
How does the fact that you are inhaling nicotine (same as cigs) and propylene glycol which is anti- freeze, worse. Reaction to the glycol ( most common) itself can be the same for either one since thats the base.The FDA has not studied any of this yet E- cig or vaping so the health risk is still unknown .
However one major cigarette maker is now making its own E -Cig so it must be safe ;). LOL !

Propylene glycol is a different chemical entirely than ethylene glycol. PG is FDA approved and is used in medicines, foods, cosmetics, etc. Ethylene glycol is what is in anti-freeze.

The nicotine itself is nearly harmless. The only effects that I know of are that it creates a slight rise in blood acidity, thickening it just a bit. By just a bit, it has only been noticed in chronic tobacco users in very few instances.

Also, the FDA has approved every one of the chemicals in the vapor. Each flavor is FDA approved, the nicotine levels in an entire bottle are roughly that of a pack of newports, the propylene glycol is FDA approved, and the water, well it's water.

There is nothing for the FDA to cover since each chemical has been thoroughly tested in both frozen, room temperature, and boiling/burning temperatures. I say that because flavoring is largely used in cooking and is very often heated, as are the propylene glycol and nicotine.

Unless there is a chemical reaction taking place between any of the elements when they burn (flavoring only), I highly doubt there is any risk whatsoever.

Humm...I got the 2 glycols mixed up .Looks like its safer than real smoking . I m not sure if the FDA approval is even safe considering all the drug recalls in the past few years.:confused:

I also think the scare the news has with vaps is the nicotine overdose, u can add high concentrations of pure liquid nicotine than u unknowingly puff on the vape periodically through out a period of time where a cig would have been burned off by now. In my opinion i love the control of the chemicals in the liquid than what these cig companies put in their cancer sticks and theirs no dirty lungs or tar!!..... Whats worse?

Well I have been a smoker since 13 years old. After being told to start vaping to quit for years I finally made the plunge and got a setup with a clearomizer. I should have done this long ago!! In the 5 days I have been on it I had 4 cigs day 1, 3 cigs day 2, zero cigs day 3 and 4. Tastes a whole lot better and I suspect within the next week or two I should start to feel a bit better in the chest by not breathing all that smoke and tar in :) Vaping 1 Cigs 0