Is a Blaster right for me?

those that stated blasters are becoming junk, are poor at maintaining anything other than an "add gas and go 4 joke" then they prolly sale them at the first sign of trouble

a blaster is way faster and fun than a 300ex, and similarly sized
we have lots of 6'+ members on here up to almost 300lbs

the blaster has proven time and time again to be the easiest, cheapest atv known to mod and/or rebuild, used parts avaiable everywhere, top ends done at a shop for around $250, bore jobs around $60 and and piston kits from $60 -$120, do the wrenching yourself and save

blasters..............most bang for the buck, hands down !!!!!!!

x2 on all of that , well said

Did the older 300ex have reverse? I couldn't remember. I haven't ridden it in years. I've only ridden the 400ex, and not the TRX400 yet, but I guess a couple of the guys going on our trips this year have the new TRX400.

Yes, even the older 250X's had reverse, its not the easiest system to use though. You have to go to neutral, push the reverse pin down on the clutch lever, pull in the clutch, lift up on reverse lever on the side of the engine, down shift. The 300's did get electric start at sometime I believe.

Yes, even the older 250X's had reverse, its not the easiest system to use though. You have to go to neutral, push the reverse pin down on the clutch lever, pull in the clutch, lift up on reverse lever on the side of the engine, down shift. The 300's did get electric start at sometime I believe.

Awww sh*t, now I remember. I:I It was a PITA system to use to get it in reverse.

i am 5'9" and 215 pounds and a blaster is right for me. i blaster is right for anyone. for like 1000 bucks you can make the blaster as fast and faster than alot of the quads out there. warrior, 300ex, raptor 250, 350, 250ex, 400ex, and probably a bunch of others. for the money, you cant beat a blaster.

Guys hate to keep bumping this, found a clean 06 on Craigslist $1200 out the door but owner said it will need a carb cleaning. Says it starts up and idles fine, I don't want a POS though...should I keep looking or take my chances??

Guys hate to keep bumping this, found a clean 06 on Craigslist $1200 out the door but owner said it will need a carb cleaning. Says it starts up and idles fine, I don't want a POS though...should I keep looking or take my chances??

If it was me personally, I'd go with it. You can pick up a compression tester on Amazon for $25 or even at a local AutoZone they carry them. I'd check compression because sometimes people use sh*tty excuses like the "carb is dirty" as a means of getting away with a shot top end. At any rate, I'd still get it. It has hydro rear brakes, is relatively new, and even if it does need a top end rebuild, it only cost like $150 max.......not to mention you can send it out to get the cylinder ported and head work done with it off. Even so......worst case scenario.....clean the carb.....free.......rebuild top end $150....total cost, $1350. Best case scenario, dirty carb, free, total cost $1200. A dirty carb typically just cuts out at some part of the throttle whether it be the pilot at 1/4 throttle or main at 3/4-WOT. You can check that if you start it. Hell, you could just clean the carb first while he is there. You can do a decent cleaning of it in 5 minutes with some carb and choke cleaner and a can of compressed air.

06 would be a nice starter bike, just have to look it over good when you go check it out. Not sure about prices in your area but to me that seems a little high especially if it doesnt have any mods.