Inside expansion chamber rust

You could put some kerosene in there n swish it around. I've also heard of people putting some gas in and lighting it to clean it out but I wouldn't suggest it

I wish I was loose rust but now it looks like the guy I got it from let it sit in the rain so I looks a little fubarred inside... the kerosene idea is new to me will it work? I'm gonna sandblast the outside but I think it'll be hard to adequately blast the inside.

Be careful blasting the outside as you may blow a hole right through. There is a cone on the inside so the old dump some nuts and bolts with gas ,kerosene etc in it and shake won't work. Take it to the local car wash and blast it out with soap then hot water? If that doesn't work time to spend some $ and upgrade.

I thought only stock chambers had the cone inside them

thats correct, along with being mesh lined to hold silencing packing around the whole thing.
i wouldn't do any flammables into a stock pipe because of that packing liner ?
you didn't specify what kind of pipe, so we figured a stocker ?

Dumping a large pack of BB's will work very nice. That's what I use to clean rusty tanks. Duct tape the ends of the pipe and shake the hell out of it for a while.

WD-40 sells a gallon jug of soaking fluid. Fill a bucket, drop in your pipe and let it soak over night and it will desolve your rust completely. Should be able to pick it up at.any auto parts store.

I got it out with our sandblaster, some lead pellets,and some brake cleaner to finish it off.... you can damn near reflect a flash light through it now lol

be absolutely sure you got all the sand out of it, you do know that a 2 stroke sucks hot, unspent gases back into the cylinder ?

i remember some fool who did that and ruined a fresh bore :eek:

I did a repair on my stock expansion pipe. The cone broke off and rattled and I cut in to it. I seen first hand of the internal workings of the pipe. If you put BB's or anything small, I guarantee that it will not completely come out.

The inlet of the pipe extends about an 1 1/2" inside. And the outlet extends about 3"or 4" Inches inside with the cone attached.

Better off just running it like it is or buy another pipe.

I did a repair on my stock expansion pipe. The cone broke off and rattled and I cut in to it. I seen first hand of the internal workings of the pipe. If you put BB's or anything small, I guarantee that it will not completely come out.

The inlet of the pipe extends about an 1 1/2" inside. And the outlet extends about 3"or 4" Inches inside with the cone attached.

Better off just running it like it is or buy another pipe.

i agee 100% with that,
not to mention the metal mesh holding the silencer packing to the walls if the pipe.
i can't see any way, beside hiring david blane, to get all the sand out :D