Information on Recovering Seat ??

Norm43920

Feb 11, 2010
Ohio
So Im thinkin about givin this a shot. I have a local fabric shop and they sell Alot of different materials I believe would work great for a seat cover. My only concern is will I be able to make it work.. We recovered our dinning chairs and our computer chair and it was cake but there also Flat.

So I guess my question is Has anyone Tried to do this without actually buying a cover. Im thinking I can take the cover off my seat (since it only has a few VERY small holes in it) And use it as a template to cut the fabric maybe. Anyone go a pic of a Seat cover before install ??

So I watched a few videos or recovering seats and they say start from the front and back and work the sides down. I just dont wanna get to far ahead of my self and end up with a foam seat with a trash bag on it :D

i paid to have mine done, it was only $20 and its perfect. the seams all line up and they have good staple guns to sink em into that hard plastic. but i have seen members here do thier own and it turned out awesome so it can definately be done.

I figured Someone would have tried this before. Those seat covers on ebay don't suit my taste Plus I like to say I did it my self lol Any suggestions on the material? Im thinking definitely something waterproof and durable.

I figured Someone would have tried this before. Those seat covers on ebay don't suit my taste Plus I like to say I did it my self lol Any suggestions on the material? Im thinking definitely something waterproof and durable.

like you said, waterproof and durable for sure. what are you looking to do?

Looking to do? Mean like ridding conditions or what lol Sorry im only on my first cup of coffee :D

We ride in mud for the most part. Im gonna take a ride to this shop after my wife gets home and have a look at the different options.. Im just wondering how you get the seat tight and not have the material loose or bulked out around the sides of the seat.

Also What Size staple should I use. I Have a pretty decent gun that will shoot thru pretty much anything but my dad also has the air stapler in his garage I could use if need be.

Im wondering if maybe I should just keep the existing seat cover on and put the new material over it. Would this work too? I found some vinel on there web site say its rip proof IDK about that but Im thinking somthing with a texture rather than a smooth material .

I will take a picture of my new seat cover before i install it tonight, and you can prob make a template from it, its real real nice, from ebay!! got it cheap too like 36 bucks or something, but ill get a good picture, the measured out all the folds for me too

You will want to take your old cover off first and also use a hair dryer while you do it, i have done them before, the heat helps with the wrinkles and makes it fit tighter when it cools down.... :D

hope it will help