Inform me on Gear oil...

hotrodjrod

Dec 27, 2007
Dayton Ohio
I just got back from the dealership with my new lower cylinder gasket and head gasket.

Then i got home, and was excited because i knew i could put the bike back together.

I just realized I forgot to pick up any kind of oil for the clutch case. I had taken it off to inspect the crankcase seal, and still have to put it back on.

Question is, What should i put back in it, after i close er up?

I know this sounds really weird, but what would you guys think about running Manual transmission fluid from a car Mobile one synthetic, in the clutch case?

I mean, its made for gear boxes, so ya know? But If im retarded, just explain why my idea wont work. None of that "just run this" I wanna know WHY!

I:I

I just got back from the dealership with my new lower cylinder gasket and head gasket.

Then i got home, and was excited because i knew i could put the bike back together.

I just realized I forgot to pick up any kind of oil for the clutch case. I had taken it off to inspect the crankcase seal, and still have to put it back on.

Question is, What should i put back in it, after i close er up?

I know this sounds really weird, but what would you guys think about running Manual transmission fluid from a car Mobile one synthetic, in the clutch case?

I mean, its made for gear boxes, so ya know? But If im retarded, just explain why my idea wont work. None of that "just run this" I wanna know WHY!

I:I

This is Yamaha's Service Specs on the Blaster, I cut out the Transmission portion for you so you don't have to search:

Not any oil

It has a wet sump clutch, so not any oil will work. It can't have friction reducers and what not or you will smoke the clutch pack in about a half second. I run Amsoil, but, like the Yamalube, too.

A

a bit of info.... DONT USE AUTOMOTIVE OIL IT CONTAINS MODIFIERS THAT BURN THE HELL OUT OF YOUR CLUTCH..not good.. and yes yes, bel ray is what i run, and love it