I'm pulling my hair out.

lowboy1979

Jul 13, 2009
I have a 1990 Blaster. I just bought a used engine for it. The problem is it will not kick start. It will roll start and runs like a raped ape when it does fire up. Stock carb, I think it is a 250 stroker. New fuel, new plug, good spark, tors removed oil injection removed. checked the reeds and they are good. swaped carbs still just roll start. please help I'm going out of my mind. also it will kick start after I warm it up for a while but if it sits for 5 min it will nit kick start again. Thanks.

warriors have this same problem.
it could be the stator going bad check for spark.
and check your compression if it still starts after the pull and it has low compression it shouldnt run like a "raped ape"

Sorry I have been away from the computer for a couple days. My compression gage is busted. Snap-on is bringing me a new one on monday. I did find that around the front part of the head is damp. I bet I am loosing enough compression out of the head gst. for it not to start, than after it warms up it expands. I will order a new top end gst. kit. Do yall think I should rering it at the same time? Thanks.