I'm losing my mind on this electrical

Bboyd86

Apr 18, 2017
I bought this 1999 blaster. Didn't run. Had great compression but as it seems everyone else ... no spark . Lol and looks like there are hardly any wires . Has all the wires to the cdi from stator and coil . No black/white to cdi. The blacks are all grounded fine but no spark . Could it be from the black/white wire be an issue?

you can unplug the kill and key switch and it will still fire up!
almost all the time these blaster don't have spark it is this...
someone replaced the stator with a cheap chinese $30 parts that don't work ever/or it reads somewhat fine but under a load it is sh*t........
bad ground
wires crossed/or not even connected
or they think it is not sparking but yet it is another issue
got any pics of wiring scenario?

Reactions: Bboyd86
If that black/white wire is going to ground somewhere, it will not spark. Just something to check

You don't need the voltage regulator if your not running lights.

Hook up all the wires coming out of the stator into the wiring harness, I'm not sure what feeds the Ignition going into the cdi from the stator, but the Orange leaving the cdi runs to the ignition coil.

The coil is also grounded when it's bolted to the frame, make sure it's clean, bare metal where it contacts.

Reactions: Bboyd86
If that black/white wire is going to ground somewhere, it will not spark. Just something to check

You don't need the voltage regulator if your not running lights.

Hook up all the wires coming out of the stator into the wiring harness, I'm not sure what feeds the Ignition going into the cdi from the stator, but the Orange leaving the cdi runs to the ignition coil.

The coil is also grounded when it's bolted to the frame, make sure it's clean, bare metal where it contacts.
thank you I will try tomorrow.

you can unplug the kill and key switch and it will still fire up!
almost all the time these blaster don't have spark it is this...
someone replaced the stator with a cheap chinese $30 parts that don't work ever/or it reads somewhat fine but under a load it is sh*t........
bad ground
wires crossed/or not even connected
or they think it is not sparking but yet it is another issue
got any pics of wiring scenario?

I will get pics tomorrow ..as of now I have all wires connected by colors to oem new cdi and coil.i cut out red and yello from stator.have all my black wires grounded. still just minimal spark! .stator reads 238 ohms. so lost. will post pics tomorrow

Clean stator backing plate, cdi mounting, and coil mounting to frame and all grounds ✌️Peace

Last edited:
Clean stator backing plate, cdi mounting, and cool mounting to frame and all grounds ✌️Peace
I'll try that.. my ohm readings are 238 but when I kick it over only putting out 3-4 volts .. thinking I have a stator issue now after kicking it

The stator will produce less than a volt, but that's the ignition signal , the cdi unit modifies that signal sends it to the coil

Then the coil boost the low voltage signal to high voltage, 12-50 KV Good blue spark. If you have spark that says the stator is working. If it's any color other than its not enough voltage!

A coil would have to be so hot you could not hold it, to properly read it, White , red , orange fire indicates low output from coil on a new spark plug that is grounded properly to the engine/ frame

Or Chinese aftermarket? And is it new not used
Sorry for late response my work schedule is weird. It was a chinese after market but i used a coil from my other blaster that is functional and still won't fire strong .