I'm going insane with a carb issue

Toddmac

Dec 15, 2008
Independence, MO
Ok...my son's Blaster quit idleing the other day on a ride. It had done that before I was able to make some adjustments and she started acting fine.
This time I decided I should rebuild it anyway so I tore it down, cleaned it and blew out all the passages.
Put it back togather with new parts and it still goes nuts....idles too high or not at all, it revs and then comes back to idle and dies or worse it revs way the heck up.
I checked for airleaks and today I put in a bigger slow jet since we had made some mods and I thought it might be the issue. Could the TORS being going ape sh*t on me? or do they just die period when the TORS fails?
Any one had this before?? Thanks for any ideas!
Todd

well i would personally either buy the tors removal kit with the new idle screw, or just buy a new 28mm or 30mm carb its a great upgrade eitherway.
have you messed with the air/fuel screw at all?
are you running a reed spacer of any type?

Yup, messed with the air/fuel and idle speed...it acts ok at times and then when ya bump the throttle it goes nuts. I really seems like an air leak but it all appears fine.
We do have a reed spacer on it, I have not pulled it off yet. That may be next. I saw another post about checking at the cable/thumb throttle but the cable seems totally free and it responds to the idle adjustment on the TORS, but waaayyy to much..seems like its either all or nothing.