Im back another problem =( Blaster acting very strange.

gb blaster

Apr 19, 2012
Maryland
Okay so i think its a fuel problem with the balster im no expert but tell me what you guys think... so my blaster runs hot ive said this before... The blaster was acting really funny yesrterday like it wouldnt wind out it would hit a certian point in every gear an thats all it would give me it wouldnt pick up any more speed an ive rode my blaster many times i no it had more power it was suppose to give me like it was topped out but would still rev higher if that makes sense. This worried me so i took it immediatly back to the garage. (this was during warming the bike up by the way also first start after changing gear oil an new tank of premix, Gear oil was switched to belray gear saver an fresh tank of suprem pump gas mixed 32:1 8 oz to two gallons drained tank an added new supply.) It was getting fuel i could see the pedcock or what ever thats called line was giving gas to the carb. so i messed with the trottle stop screw that on the push button i turned it out so that it would let me push the trottle button in further. think maybe i could get more like this.( mind u like i said in the top when it was jus not picking speed up it still sounded to me like it was reving higher jus not going now where so to me it sounded like it was still getting throttle response in any case) So i put a brand new br8es plug in started the blaster up let it run on choke for a second to warm up... an tried again this time the blaster would run however its low end speed its bad it doesnt pick up like i expect almost like i have a fouled plug but i dont once its reving high its fine i keep it reved up an it runs fine through every gear but like i said my pick ups bad an i dont like having to keep my bike reved out at all times thats bad for it... any suggestions idead things i shoukld look at anything would help i think maybe lacking fuel or something could be why its hot an kinda bogging low end ik tho ima clean carb but please let me know any ideas

Is it possible to post your mods and jetting.

Have you done a leak down test lately?

Running hot concerns me, you either hve the jetting wrong or you may have sprung an air leak.

leakdown tested it recently it was good but need to get one barrowed my buddyes he lost his so i will work on another one an no mods running everythings stock airbox lid on no new exhausts... i will post jetting later when i open the carb. also i no i need to do a plug chop to check my jetting i will work on it when the blaster stops acting like a P.O.S. but idk blaaster its giving me alot of problems since i bought it

I feel that you need to clean the carb, set the correct float level. Warm it up and then set the idle.

If every thing is stock from the factory then the main jet should be a #230.

Is the air filter in need of a clean.

Have you done a compression test.

There are so many variables here we may have to take it one step at the time.

Well im committed to maken my blaster run at all costs no matter what if ur willing to take it one step at a time an a few dollars at a time i would love to have the advise... an compression test it about a month ago it read 130 uhm air filter was changed maybe a month or two ago however blaster set most the time because the exhaust was messed up an the leakdown test was neeeded. i will check when i get home an agian im gonna bust the carb open when i get home i got carb cleaner ill spray everything an we can work on float levels jet sizes and all that. i havent ever messed with the idel some times it doesnt even idel expectially when its warming up it will idel for maybe 5 minutes then cut out.

And as for the carb cleaning will i need to buy anythings for that or can i take it apart an put it back together withut needing anythings else as long as the jets and floats are correct?

So outta the 49 people viewed this only blaster has a slight suggestion as to why i might have low end bogging an seems as tho i have a faouled spark plug at all times?

just like blaaster said take it one set at a time. comp test, leakdown test. then look at your jetting, remember even a 10 degree change in outdoor temp will cause you to run slightly rich or lean. a larger temp change will cause problems for sure i.e bog, bad idle, no revs.
clean the carb as best as you can, make sure your silencer packing isnt clogged up. clean and re oil filter.

i live in n.e. right now its 60 in the morning, 80 during the day and back to high 60s by dusk. ive noticed issues because of this. hope that helps

alright so the blaster is side lined tilll i buy a leakdown tester or my buddy finds his... to check for a possible leak... i shoulda jus bought the one from slicker than you when i was gonna... oh well i shoukld have one planning to keep this blaster anyways... so ill check all my gaskets... i guesss ill one over the motor check for any leaks i need carb cleaning help i cant watch videos an thats all i have seen for carb cleaning on the fourm. i still wanna do that an i might remove the exhaust an check the pistion an cyclender... think its a good idea?

i live in maryland we got the same type of weather an yes anything helps any points in the right direction is a plus an im gonna clean the carb how do i go about cleaning an re oiling air filter? i need a leakdown tester and ill rent the comp test from autozone... like i said im commited to maken my bike run well i would like to check anythings of concern i can turn wrenches just not a hundred percent familiar with 2 stroke engines but blasterfourm has tought me alot

You can do a simple leak check by getting a can of starting fluid and while the Blaster is idling spray some on the base of the cylinder , around the head where it meets the jug , the intake boot etc , and if you spray a spot and the idle ramps up quick , that means air leak .
I also think you need to clean your carb , and its probably running lean due to a air-leak or due to a small change you have made that is allowing more airflow into the motor , have you drilled holes in your airbox? or removed the lid? changed exhaust pipes?

nope i havent changed anythings on it expect for oils an the airfliter its self put a brandnew one on there its still running with the airbox lid fully intaked an on an the exhaust is kinda in ruff shape but its the one came with it im pretty sure its stock i jus fixed it in the middle where the silencer connects to the pipe an replaced the gasket at the top an alright ill see bout the starting fluid an i no how do i properly clean the carb?

Don't pull the heads apart before you do your leakdown, otherwise you might create air leaks and will definitely need gaskets. Cleaning carb is easy, once you get inside you will see what you need to do. Just get all the tarnish off and chase your jets with a fine wire to make sure they aren't plugged. While you have your carb off, check your reeds to see if they are laying flat too. If you pull the reed cage, you can check the piston, rings and cylinder thru there for a visual inspection.

uhm im not familiar with the reeds =( what do i look for an where do i remove the cage an im gonna try to do the carb clean i will be very careful i have taken carbs apart before cant be to hard... but ill check jetting numbers and ask any questions then i suppose.... an "chase my jets with a fine wire"????? an i premix my fuel 32:1 the oil injection was cut when i got the blaster... however was not plugged right i got some help on here an did it plugged carb an hose running to the bottom end

an i am very intersted to look at the pistion an cyclender but im not removing head i had no intestion to do that quit yet inless absoulty needed