i wont lie, i need help!

noober

Aug 30, 2010
Port elizabeth, RSA
i am busy rebuilding the CR, we have completely stripped it, the frame is in for welding before a respray, now i have a huge problem, i cannot get the rear axle shaft out... for love of money, we have tried everything and it wont come out, does any1 knw a trick in order to help? we thought about heating the shaft but the problem is that the swing arm is aluminium so the swing arm is likely to break before we can do anything on the shaft.. im really stuck here:( i need to get the rear wheel off to replace the rear sprocket and to remove the rear brakes...

Help is much apreciated guys

this is what i think the shaft looks like, my bike is roughly a 92 -97 CR 125

CR250R CR250 CR125 Rear Axle Bolt Shaft 2000 2001-2007 - eBay (item 320649031098 end time Feb-26-11 14:33:31 PST)

before we stripped it.

prerestore.jpg

how it is now, with bolt highlighted
rearframepic.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, I would let it sit with some PB Blaster from your local Auto Zone and then try to plop it out. If that doesn't work, a side trick is heating it up ON A LOW HEAT FLAME(reddest flame) and then try to plop it out. Only do that if there is nothing that would be negatively effected by the heat.

It sounds like its getting bound up on the bearings. You're probably going to have to rebuild the hub once you get it apart.
Ive seen retarded stuff like this before, You could try cutting between the wheel and swing arm with a saw-zall & metal blade and cut through the axle on both sides. That would at least let you get the wheel off the swing arm then you could press the axle out of the wheel.

sledgehammer.jpg

Probably rusted to bearings. Try aiming torch down center of axle. Do this several times alternating with soaking it with PB or what ever. Might consider making up a slide hammer and welding it to the axle.

PB works great dont rush it. spray it up really good both sides and let it set over night.next day shock it a few times with a hammer and spray it up again. heat works great too and like someone set heat it up and cool it off with PB blaster it will smoke like a coal train but doing this will pull the blaster in. dont be in a rush