i wish i had the money

03blasteryfs03

Apr 13, 2009
vermont
there is a bunch or wheelers on craigs list in vt theres a bunch of ltz and 400exs i wish i has one yeah yeah ikno its a 4poke but i love the ltzs i love the power and the handleing

^^x2, don't go with a 4 poke, its a big no no. just buy a 240 kit with the money you wish you had and wammo, there the power you wish for, as of handeling, bull crap they handle better than a light as heck blaster, i can kick the crap out of a 400ex in every safty course i've rode on, also 400ex's(at least the ones i've raced) are slow and i can beat them, they do have a plus though, good suspension.

oh, just saw you had a 240 kit sorry i'm stupid today, had a londe moment, still, stay with a 2 stroke, if you want more power go for a banshee.

Dont buy a 4 joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im sick of this blaster i know the power to much mayve a shee but everyone says they blow up every year just about and i kinda want a ltz because they handle good and the power and in the woods they are knaly

im sick of this blaster i know the power to much mayve a shee but everyone says they blow up every year just about and i kinda want a ltz because they handle good and the power and in the woods they are knaly

urrrr a dumbass.....so you think a banshee blows every year ?
does your blaster blow every year, let me guess you got this information from people who own 4-stroke and never have owned a 2-stroke

and heres something to think about:
-stock HP of a banshee 37hp......(got from bansheehq)
-stock HP of a Raptor 660...34hp + its heavier......(googled it and found a dyno)

im not saying that, other poeple say that because they buy the junk ones and run it and rebuild it wrong i think it all matters about how it was taken care of in its years

im not saying that, other poeple say that because they buy the junk ones and run it and rebuild it wrong i think it all matters about how it was taken care of in its years

EXACTLY.........+ if something does go wrong there a hell of alot easier to fix then a 4-stroke

^^x2, don't go with a 4 poke, its a big no no. just buy a 240 kit with the money you wish you had and wammo, there the power you wish for, as of handling, bull crap they handle better than a light as heck blaster, i can kick the crap out of a 400ex in every safety course I've rode on, also 400ex's(at least the ones I've raced) are slow and i can beat them, they do have a plus though, good suspension.

you must have ridden stock 400s because i cant get enough of mine.mine has a slip on exhaust with jets,itp hole shots that's it and it has tons of power:D trust me they have alot better handling

yeh i can get a 02 400ex with a yoshi fullset and new hole shots allway around with a cdi upgrade and stage 2 cam for 500$ it needs a rebuild

banshees blow up every year? that is the dumbest thing ive ever heard. ride both, whatever suits you. if i could go and buy any quad i wanted, for everything i do, racing, trails, ect. it would be a yfz450R not an X. i have a raptor 700, never even heard of a problem on those things, ive checked the valves 6 times with one adjustment on the intake side. it is a mule that would be perfect for playing around and trails, a 660 or 350 would be reliable as f**ck even. i have a banshee, its really fun to play on, but for me, it wouldnt be a suitable trail quad, but thats just me. too much power in an unsuitable delivery, thats just because its dune ported.

the great old 2 stroke vs 4 joke debate.

I am going to watch this.

Oh I am a 2 stroke guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My buddy has a worked out YFZ450 and he rides it like I ride a two stroke and he has too rebuild it once a year to keep the performance up to par.
Just my two cent

I bought my 2003 400ex for 2200$ in mint condition and all I've had to replace in the past 4 1/2 years was the chain,axle bearings,and the clutch cables they are very reliable bikes.

let me say this... with my raptor every 20 hours i check the valves, takes about ten minutes and is completely free. my top ends last longer than on a four stroke. i have high amounts of torque throughout the ENTIRE RPM range, i get much better traction than on a two stroke, the linear power delivery is much more predictable, with engine braking my brakes last twice as long and im much less likely to lose control sliding around a corner, and not to mention, the potential of a four stroke is so much higher, so many things can be modified to make it perform better, that is one of the REAL reasons pro's use them.
and floz600, no disrespect man but ??? ive been riding two strokes my whole life and i rebuilt all of them at least twice a year to keep them up to power.
that said, i also ride a banshee and owned alot of two strokes... their reduced rotational mass makes them feel lighter and much more manueverable. their NO engine braking and very little bottom end power really make a good rider out of you learning proper braking/clutching skills, they take more skill to ride quickly, they run cooler which is a big plus on the trails, they are usually funner to ride and keep a smile on your face everytime you hit the powerband, they are also less maintenance with the exception of the fact they go through top ends quicker. full rebuilds are much cheaper, and who doesnt love the smell of premix. that is my fully unbiased opinion toward both machines. i am slightly more fond of the four stroke when it comes to quads because they are more manageable i guess you could say, and i am a huge fan of EFI unless i am looking purely for fun which is where the banshee gets pulled out.

let me say this... with my raptor every 20 hours i check the valves, takes about ten minutes and is completely free. my top ends last longer than on a four stroke. i have high amounts of torque throughout the ENTIRE RPM range, i get much better traction than on a two stroke, the linear power delivery is much more predictable, with engine braking my brakes last twice as long and im much less likely to lose control sliding around a corner, and not to mention, the potential of a four stroke is so much higher, so many things can be modified to make it perform better, that is one of the REAL reasons pro's use them.
and floz600, no disrespect man but ??? ive been riding two strokes my whole life and i rebuilt all of them at least twice a year to keep them up to power.
that said, i also ride a banshee and owned alot of two strokes... their reduced rotational mass makes them feel lighter and much more manueverable. their NO engine braking and very little bottom end power really make a good rider out of you learning proper braking/clutching skills, they take more skill to ride quickly, they run cooler which is a big plus on the trails, they are usually funner to ride and keep a smile on your face everytime you hit the powerband, they are also less maintenance with the exception of the fact they go through top ends quicker. full rebuilds are much cheaper, and who doesnt love the smell of premix. that is my fully unbiased opinion toward both machines. i am slightly more fond of the four stroke when it comes to quads because they are more manageable i guess you could say, and i am a huge fan of EFI unless i am looking purely for fun which is where the banshee gets pulled out.

NO....4 stroke do no have more potential....

if you get a 4mill + a 392 cub...you would be producing a SOLID 80hp....(becuase you also have to run bigger carbs and exhaust, etc.)

and if you want more tork you can just throw a 4 mill in there that will increase tork

the pros use 4 strokes because of the emissions law

and how come almost all the drag bikes are shees ?? maybe because there better !!!

None taken bro I am talking about my buddies 4 stroke. I replace my rings every 40 hours on all my 2 strokes until it is time to hone or rebore.
I love my 2 strokes bro and yes I smile everytime the powerband hits!!!!!!!!!!!