I think i may have find the bike.

nice lookin blaster, sounds like it's been takin care of and has some goodies, try to work his price down if you can,
it seems a little high, but without knowing what they sale for in your area it's a tough call for $1200

I would check farther into the bored and stroked deal. It may be BS. Most people that know what there talking about would have said if it was +3 or +4 and what brand it was. Make sure that if he bored it, it's not bored out to the max bore. I kinda have the feeling the seller doesn't know much about Blaster motors and likes to BS about it.

I recently purchased a comparable '01 for $950 outside of Seattle. If I had it to do over again I would have paid extra for an 03+ with hydraulic brakes.

I would check farther into the bored and stroked deal. It may be BS. Most people that know what there talking about would have said if it was +3 or +4 and what brand it was. Make sure that if he bored it, it's not bored out to the max bore. I kinda have the feeling the seller doesn't know much about Blaster motors and likes to BS about it.

When I talked to him he said he bought it the way it is. He thinks it has a +3 crank if i remember right and a different head. He is going to try and find the paper work on all the work that was done. What does a +3 give you? If its bored out to its max will I have any problems with it, such as keeping the engine cool when sitting and runningfor short priods of time?

When I talked to him he said he bought it the way it is. He thinks it has a +3 crank if i remember right and a different head. He is going to try and find the paper work on all the work that was done. What does a +3 give you? If its bored out to its max will I have any problems with it, such as keeping the engine cool when sitting and runningfor short priods of time?
You will be able to tell if there is a Vito's +3 stroker crank in it because there will be a 1.5 mm spacer at the base of the cylinder. 68 mm is around max bore on a stock cylinder and won't give you a noticeable power gain, it just means that you will need a sleeve or new jug when you rebuild it again. A big bore kit (usually around 72mm for a "240 kit") uses a different sleeve or aftermarket cylinder and should make more power than stock.

Edit: According to Vito's Performance a +3 crank adds 4+ horsepower and improved throttle response: http://www.vitosperformance.com/atv_parts/home.php?cat=250

Must be premixing if using 927.

But not keen on this "always serviced with yamalube 2r crankcase oil" this is a 2 stroke injector oil.

Must be premixing if using 927.

But not keen on this "always serviced with yamalube 2r crankcase oil" this is a 2 stroke injector oil.

Can you give me a little more info as to why you not keen on this. This 4 wheeler is going to be the 1st one i have owned in along time and my 1st blaster so i what to make sure im doing every thing right so i dont blow it up.
and what do you think would be the best oil to use.

Can you give me a little more info as to why you not keen on this. This 4 wheeler is going to be the 1st one i have owned in along time and my 1st blaster so i what to make sure im doing every thing right so i dont blow it up.
and what do you think would be the best oil to use.

he may just be mistaken with the "r"
some oils say 2t for 2 strokes and 4t for 4 strokes trans oils.
at least was changing the trans oil, or says he was.

Looks good.That price is a little steep.$900 sounds about fair if it is in good shape.Do those pics look weird to anyone else?Kind of a weird blur to them and can't even see the bars.

If you voom in on the second pic, it sure looks like a stock pipe to me. Never seen an FMF pipe with a crimp seam and mount points for the stock heat shield.